MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Private Messasges Not Sending ~ Going Into Out Box

Re: Private Messasges Not Sending ~ Going Into Out Box

Postby rbowser » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:48 am

Fred @ MakeMusic wrote:Hey all-

Sorry there's an issue with the outbox- I forwarded this thread to our web team to see if anything is awry on our end-

Thanks

Fred

Thank you, Fred. You can see that my theory is that messages can't go out to people who don't have the option turned on to receive PMs. I have only the one message in my Out Box, now two months old - and it's to someone who never got very active here.

It'll be good to see what the web team thinks.

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Postby drumroll » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:44 pm

I'm bumping this up again because I'm having problems with this still. I delete them and try sending them again and finally get them to go through. Is this still being looked into? Or is there a setting that I'm missing? Anyone else still having problems?

~Paula

drumroll

Software Owned:
GPO4
IO
Finale 2009

Postby rbowser » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:48 pm

drumroll wrote:I'm bumping this up again because I'm having problems with this still. I delete them and try sending them again and finally get them to go through. Is this still being looked into? Or is there a setting that I'm missing? Anyone else still having problems?

~Paula

Yeah, I know - I still have the problem too, Paula. I don't know - This Forum has grown cobwebs on it, with extremely scant attention from the people at MM who put it up. No telling when anything will be fixed/updated, or when anyone at MM will even visit this place again. Sorry to say - I've pretty much lost interest, after some months of trying to get this place off the ground.

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Postby drumroll » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:19 pm

I agree with your frustration and I responded to the "Rather Dead" thread with a little bit flippant of a reply which I regret now. Since that reply, I perused the forum and I have seen all your hard work. I think you and Michael.B have really started something that will eventually be a strong forum. I have noticed the decline in many forums lately. The social media sites are overshadowing them. But, in the end, the forums are where people want to find out real information from real users. They post in the media areas because they know their peers reside here and writers who can resolve issues and talk shop are at the rescue. Not just fly by listeners that thumbs up everything in hopes that they get a billion "likes" on their pages. Yes, MM needs to appear here much more frequently but maybe there are issues with them that they are not willing to share here. I'm hoping that they will resolve them soon and appoint a few more staff to pitch in.

I'll reiterate that WE NEED A RESOLVE TO THE PM ISSUE so it doesn't seem like I'm ranting here rather than in a more appropriate area of the forum. :o :D

So Randy, don't get too angry and quit here. Your efforts are more appreciated than you realize. I think someone at MM needs to take you and Michael.B to a fine dinner for what you accomplished so far!

To quote a little blue fish named Dory - Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!

Cheers,
Paula

drumroll

Software Owned:
GPO4
IO
Finale 2009

Postby Michael.B » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:27 pm

rbowser wrote: ..... Yeah, I know - I still have the problem too, Paula. I don't know - This Forum has grown cobwebs on it, with extremely scant attention from the people at MM who put it up. No telling when anything will be fixed/updated, or when anyone at MM will even visit this place again. Sorry to say - I've pretty much lost interest, after some months of trying to get this place off the ground.

Randy

Hello Randy,

I'm sorry to read you've lost interest; I thought I hadn't seen you around for a while.

I think the forums are growing; we now have 1714 members and the Christmas nominations are creeping up; we now have 11 songs on the list. Also, since we started here together we have had plenty of other posters and songs posted in the Media Room. I think these forums will go on plodding along and the folk here are appreciative and friendly.

I do agree though that we need more Make Music staff calling in and the icing on the cake would be if Gary called by .. even once a week would be fantastic.

I hope you'll stay with us Randy; we've been forum buddies for around ten years now. What would I do without you? You are too valuable for us to lose you so I hope you will stay around. :D

Very best wishes,

Michael

Michael.B

Postby kingfreeze » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:11 am

Michael B and I were able to exchange a few test PM's yesterday. I sent one out of curiosity . It did sit in the outbox for awhile, A couple of hours. I do "follow" Michael B and Randy, I don't know if that has anything to do with the issue.
drumroll wrote:
So Randy, don't get too angry and quit here. Your efforts are more appreciated than you realize. I think someone at MM needs to take you and Michael.B to a fine dinner for what you accomplished so far!

Cheers,
Paula

Fine dinner, Paula ? With the amount of information these fellows provided they should be on the payroll. I was one of the first subscribers to this forum, and had no idea how to configure garritan libraries. In fact, it took me 2 months to realize Randy and Michael weren't employees. I would never have purchased my 2nd Garritan library if not for the prompt attention I received regarding my learning curve here. Now, this isn't smooze, just fact. At northern sounds, I have received no input whatsoever. It seems there is so much information there, it's overwhelming. MM provides great products, affordably, however, with the many little quirks within its libraries and finale software, they can't afford to not have experienced personnel within this forum. Keep in mind, I have never contacted the official MM support group, I didn't have to, my questions were answered here, promptly.

Everywhere you go...there you are !
https://soundcloud.com/steve-wisnoski
kingfreeze

Software Owned:
Finale 2011 print music
Garritan personal orchestra 5
World instruments
Reaper DAW

Postby Fred @ MakeMusic » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:10 am

Good morning all-

I dug a bit more into the outbox issue and followed up again with our business systems group. Essentially the upshot is that private messages are working, but just not as one might anticipate. Here's the answer from our business systems group:

"According to phpBB, this is by design. PM’s will sit in the outbox until they are read by the recipient so they can be edited/deleted if necessary."

Cheers

Fred

Fred @ MakeMusic

Postby Michael.B » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Fred @ MakeMusic wrote:Good morning all-

I dug a bit more into the outbox issue and followed up again with our business systems group. Essentially the upshot is that private messages are working, but just not as one might anticipate. Here's the answer from our business systems group:

"According to phpBB, this is by design. PM’s will sit in the outbox until they are read by the recipient so they can be edited/deleted if necessary."

Cheers

Fred

Hello Fred,

Thanks for checking this out.

It's interesting to know that PMs sit in the 'sent Box' until they're read; I've not come across this system before.

That is useful to know so thanks for the info.

Best wishes,

Michael

Michael.B

Previous