MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Sonar Sonar Track setup for Aria using Akai MPK49 controller

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

Sonar Sonar Track setup for Aria using Akai MPK49 controller

Postby Quiet Bear » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:01 pm

I want to see a track setup that is using 16 channels of an instance or Aria. Once I get a setup that looks not too cumbersome (seeing only the tracks that I need) I can then make templates of other instances of Aria for different Compositions. I am using an AKAI MPK 49 for input, also a WX11 Windriver. When I look at various tutorials online, they have setups (in different DAWS) that show the tracks labeled for the instruments that will sound with that track. Can any informed Sonar user show me a system that is efficient. Right now I have 3 tracks per channel, MIDI and 2 ARIA Tracks. There must be a better way. Attention Mr. Bowser, Please Help! I bet that you have it all together.
Using Sonar S2 Producer.
Jack the Quiet Bear

Quiet Bear

Re: Sonar Sonar Track setup for Aria using Akai MPK49 contro

Postby SysExJohn » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:45 am

Sorry I can't help you myself, and Randy Bowser has moved on to doing much more with his composition and creating and producing musicals. We haven't seen him around for a year or more. One could say he "got a life!"

But here are some suggestions.
Randy wrote a goodly number of tutorials over at the Northern Sounds forum, some of which, I believe, may cover the questions you ask, but you're probably going to have to use the search facility.
Try Northern Sounds forum.

However, Randy stayed with Sonar 8.5, I think, not moving on to the new X series products.
But it's worth a try.

Author of http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/ MIDI tutorials.
SysExJohn

Software Owned:
Sonar 7 PE, Finale 2012c, GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, World, CPO, Harps, Steinway Basic + GPO5.