MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Keycard image failure

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Keycard image failure

Postby Viv » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:04 am

Hello everyone! Just got my new GPO 5. :D
Unfortunately, when I generate my Keycard the image does not display correctly and there is no license available to save. Do you know how to help me?
Also, if I get in touch with Garritan.com, Support, Ask a question > my page display a runtime error! Not the best start, but I am still hopeful. :roll:
Thanks for your help!

Viv

Re: Keycard image failure

Postby LordArgyris » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:49 pm

I am having the same problem with my newly-purchased CFX Concert Grand. I've tried Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and even Chrome on Android, on multiple computers, with no success. The popup appears when I click "Generate Keycard" but with a broken picture graphic and/or placeholder text (depending on the browser). Opening this in a separate tab yields a 404 error.

I'm dying to be able to play for longer than five minutes at a stretch in demo mode. Hopefully this is just a temporary site error and will be resolved soon without further action, though the thread starting post was from a week ago so it looks to have been an issue for a while now. If there's anything anybody can do to help, I (and I'm sure the OP) would be grateful.

LordArgyris

Re: Keycard image failure

Postby LordArgyris » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:02 am

Update: I've managed to successfully generate a keycard. On a whim, I input an email address into my information, and suddenly it worked. I didn't initially provide an email address because it wasn't a required field in the account setup. Evidently, it is required for the keycard. In fact, here's a list of the information fields I have filled in on my keycard:

Name (first and last)
Email
City
State/Province/Territory/etc.
Country

Unless I've missed it, it's not mentioned anywhere that all these fields must be present to generate a keycard (despite the email, at least, being optional in account setup), so I'm replying here in the hopes that this will be useful to anybody who stumbles upon this thread with the same issue.

If anybody from staff reads this, I would like to offer a suggestion: please consider either making sure all required fields for the keycard generation are also mandatory for account signup, or else have the keycard generator alert users that it doesn't have sufficient information to generate a card, along with an indication of which information is still required.

I'm now off to register my piano and enjoy being able to play for longer than five minutes at a stretch!

LordArgyris