MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

JABB 1 with Finale 2014

Music and technology related discussion

JABB 1 with Finale 2014

Postby bradleysowash » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:38 pm

What do I need to do or buy to use JABB (1) with Finale 2014. I have downloaded Kontakt 5 but when I try to active JABB, I get this error: "Jazz and Big Band KP2 can not be activated. Please run the original installer of the library”

So when I go back and try to install my original disk on Apple’s Yosemite OS, I get error messages saying that it cannot install PC software.

My goal is to be able to playback older Finale files made with JABB on Finale 2014 with Mac Yosemite.

Thanks,

Bradley Sowash

bradleysowash

Re: JABB 1 with Finale 2014

Postby greyfox73 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:53 am

Hey Brad,

Best I can suggest is to make sure you have downloaded the Mac version of Kontakt 5. It's been a while since I've used the older version of JABB, so I can't be sure it will run on Kontakt 5, but it should. Do you have the newer version of JABB with the ARIA player? Reason I ask is it works much better than the Kontakt version in Finale, at least it does in the 2012 version I have. In any case, if it still is giving you issues, get in touch with support from either or both Make Music and Native Instruments. I've found they are both very good at getting back to me in a short amount of time.

Gary

greyfox73

Software Owned:
GPO4, JABB3, COMB2, World Instruments, Instant Orchestra, Garritan GoFriller Solo Cello, Garritan Orchestral Strings, Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin, Finale 2011, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer