MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Outside Guitar Instruments and Aria Player

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

Outside Guitar Instruments and Aria Player

Postby frack » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:45 am

I have the Garritan Ultimate Collection but am not satisfied with the limited options for guitars. I do all my writing in finale and then export midi files of each instrument to my DAW - Studio One v2 Professional and use my Garritan Instruments there. Since I am using ARIA player in both finale and studio one, can anyone point me toward outside vendors which have additional and better guitar sound options for both acoustic and electric guitars. I have Guitar Rig 5 for amplifier modeling but just am lacking the sounds and instruments I need. I am looking for companies that will work within ARIA player and information on how to import those sounds into ARIA player to use in both Finale and Studio One.

Phillip Lanier
Finale for windows ver. 2.01 - 2014
Garritan ultimate collection
Sweetwater Creation Station 450
M-Audio Oxygen 88
Presonus AudioBox 22VSL

frack

Re: Outside Guitar Instruments and Aria Player

Postby kingfreeze » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:46 am

Hi, I have 2 downloads from Big Tick audio, which is also KVG audio. That seems to be a very large collection of freeware and software. Before I downloaded what I wanted, I was cautious, as freeware can contain malware, but these companies are well established and from my questions in forums, felt safe to download. I am sure you can find what you want in their vast library of plug ins. good luck.

Everywhere you go...there you are !
https://soundcloud.com/steve-wisnoski
kingfreeze

Software Owned:
Finale 2011 print music
Garritan personal orchestra 5
World instruments
Reaper DAW

Re: Outside Guitar Instruments and Aria Player

Postby Stephen Chandler » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:59 am

Hi, I have been using Finale ever since it was first launched and I have the same question as frack, disappointed at the lack of guitar sounds... going to try the Big Tick downloads as suggested, anybody know any other sources? Many years ago I did buy "Acoustic Legends" by Vir2 but found it difficult to use and needed Kontakt 5 which I don't have....
Thanks for any ideas!!!!
Stephen

Stephen Chandler