MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Aria Player / Aria Player Multi

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

Aria Player / Aria Player Multi

Postby MusicalHart24 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:03 am

I've had GPO4 for months now, but never actually understood what the difference is between "Aria Player" and "Aria Player (Multi)". In my softsynth menu in Cakewalk Music Creator 5, there is listed those two. What's the difference? I've just always loaded the regular "Aria Player", and not the "Aria Player (Multi)". Does it matter which one I load? I've done fine with loading more than one "Aria Player" instances.

Christopher C. Hart
Composer
https://soundcloud.com/cchmusic
https://www.youtube.com/user/musiccreator24

M-Audio Keystation 61es
M-Audio M-Track Interface
M-Audio BX5 D2 Studio Monitors
ASRock-AMD FX 8-core, 4.4GHz
32GB RAM, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
MusicalHart24

Software Owned:
Cakewalk Sonar X3 Studio
EastWest Symphonic Choirs
Garritan Personal Orchestra 4
Garritan Instant Orchestra
Garritan World Instruments

Re: Aria Player / Aria Player Multi

Postby Michael.B » Tue May 27, 2014 1:00 pm

Hello Christopher,

In a nutshell, the Aria Player Multi offers 16 stereo audio channels whereas the 'other' Aria Player has one stereo audio channel.

If you insert an instance of the aria Player Multi you will see the 16 audio channels available numbered 1/2 .... 31/32. The Aria Player non multi has one pair of audio channels numbered 1/2 with the other channels greyed out.

Aria Player Multi

Aria Player Non Multi

Of course, 16 instruments can be loaded into either of these. The difference is that with Aria Mutli, each instrument can have its own stereo channel but in the non-multi version all 16 instruments will be routed through one stereo channel (1/2).

The Aria Player non-multi version is for use in a notation program like Finale which only has one stereo channel. The Multi version can be used in DAWS such as Sonar which does support multi stereo channels.

I hope this answers your question. :)

Michael

The Aria Player

Michael.B

Postby regulocastro » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:42 pm

Hi.
So with the Aria Player Multi and Sonar or with other DAW I can use just one instance of GIO but being able to sequence each 16 channels as 16 different independent tracks? Setting something like an Orchestral Preset? Well,once I figure out how to route them ...
Blessings
Regulo

regulocastro

Postby Michael.B » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:48 pm

regulocastro wrote:Hi.
So with the Aria Player Multi and Sonar or with other DAW I can use just one instance of GIO but being able to sequence each 16 channels as 16 different independent tracks? Setting something like an Orchestral Preset? Well,once I figure out how to route them ...
Blessings
Regulo

Hello Regulo,

Yes, that sounds just about right. Hope it all works out for you. :)

Michael.B

Postby Credo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:32 pm

The multi version allows you to route each channel of the Aria player to it's own audio stream.

It makes it easy to use different DAW centric effects and/or VST plugins.

Example:
1. Disable the internal Convalution/Ambiance in the Aria Player.
2. Route strings to outputs 1/2
3. Route woodwinds to outputs 3/4
4. Route Brass to outputs 5/6
5. Route percussion instruments to outputs 7/8
6. Continue for the various families of instruments you'll be working with.

Now you could easily mix, pan, and apply your own external effects (Reverb, Chorus, Compression, EQ, etc.) to each family of instruments using the sends/returns and aux busses in your DAW Mixer.

From there...if you need extra punch from individual instruments, you can easily isolate them to their own outputs (9-16) and use dedicated mixer inserts if desired.

Credo

Software Owned:
Cubase 8.5; Sibelius 7.5; Finale 2014.5; Bidule;
Garritan Ultimate Collection, Halion 5, Halion Symphonic Orchestra, SONiVOX Film and Orchestra Companion