MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Garritan Community Christmas Volume 11 (2014) Official List

Garritan Community Christmas Volume 11 (2014) Official List

Postby Michael.B » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:56 pm

It's great to read Gary's post regarding keeping our beautiful tradition of the Garritan Community Christmas CD which he started ten years ago. Now we can really start things rolling. :D

Read Gary's Post Here.

MakeMusic has confirmed that my post of information, entry requirements and list of song nominations has been officially adopted and I have edited and reposted to reflect this.

Our Christmas CD Volume 11 (2014) project will be run through this official Garritan/MakeMusic forum.

Those of us interested in entering a song for the Christmas CD Volume 11 (2014) need to start work on our songs as soon as possible. It might seem that Christmas is a long way off and that we have plenty of time. However, it's surprising just how long it can take and many people, over the years, have not managed to make the deadline.

I would recommend that those of us booking our songs here need to start work on them as soon as we can. One of the requirements of participation has been that a song can only be nominated once so this list is important. Now that we have our official list, we can book our song and then start work on it comfortably knowing that our song has been reserved.

Entries are sent in as a full audio file (.wav .au) and not an mp3. Those involved will need to use one of the free hosting sites available to upload their file, or, of course, can use their personal web space, then provide a download link.

When your file is ready please do not post a link here. More information on where to send your links will be provided at a later date.

The requirements for involvement have been as follows and these have been copied from previous years. These will remain unchanged for this present project. An important feature is that those who enter their work for our Christmas CD retain full ownership of their arrangement/recording/original composition; this is not compromised in any way by Garritan or MakeMusic. They will simply require signed permission to be able to use your recording and to offer it for download.

(Disclaimer) These are collected from previous years and not set down by me.

(a) A song can be nominated once. If a song is already nominated please choose another song.
(b) One song per person so no medleys. (These involve more than one and encroach on other entries.)
(c) Your song must be in the public domain. If unsure try an internet search to check.
(d) Your song can be an original, for which you own copyright, and must clearly reflect Christmas.
(e) Your entry must be your own performance/recording.
(f) Your song must use Garritan libraries and instruments only.
(g) A live recording of a singer or choir can be used.
(h) Please do not use live recordings of instruments. (This might confuse listeners re' Garritan Instruments.)
(i) The duration of your recording should be no more than 4 minutes.
(j) The deadline for sending in all entries is October 31st.
(k) Sending in the song is no guarantee that it will be included on the CD.
(l) If accepted for the Christmas CD, MakeMusic will require signed permission to use your song.

Please name/nominate the song title you wish to enter and I'll add it to this list. The song is then reserved for you to prepare and enter.

Here are our entries so far.

01. Angels We Have Heard On High ...................... KM Frye
02. For Unto Us A Child Is Born (Handel Messiah) ..... Michael Bolt
03. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear .................... Randy Bowser

Michael.B

Re: Garritan Community Christmas Volume 11 (2014) Official L

Postby greyfox73 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:59 pm

I have been really, really busy so far this year, so I have had next to no time to join in on this forum. But I did want to add my name to the list of tunes, so put me down for "Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming," Michael. This one should be fun! Thanks!

Gary Aubry
(serenitymusician over at the Northern Forum site)

greyfox73

Software Owned:
GPO4, JABB3, COMB2, World Instruments, Instant Orchestra, Garritan GoFriller Solo Cello, Garritan Orchestral Strings, Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin, Finale 2011, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer

Postby Michael.B » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:58 am

Hello Gary,

It great to see you here and I'm thrilled you are nominating a song. What a beautiful song you have chosen. I'm sure you will have much joy working on this. :D

04. Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming ........................ Gary Aubry

For my full introductory post which has more information, including song entry requirements, please see my first post in this thread or click on the following link:

Garritan Community Christmas Volume 11 (2014) Project Announcement

Michael

Michael.B

Postby rbowser » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:40 am

Great, Michael - It's such a relief to finally get this under way. As I've said in several posts, it feels very odd to me to not have my project started. I was pretty much finished with last year's contribution by this time!

I've posted the link to this Official List at NorthernSounds, so Garritan Forum members there can come over here and get involved.

Thanks!

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Postby Frank D » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:18 am

Hi Michael!

Please put me down for "O Tannenbaum"

Best regards,

Frank (D'Erasmo)

Frank D'Erasmo
FABD Music - Arrangements-Orchestrations
All Styles ... Specializing in Jazz, Theater, Latin & Pop.
Frank D

Software Owned:
Garritan JaBB, GPO, CoMB, GAS, World, & Strad. Violin. Sonar X2 Producer, Pro Tools, Performer, Finale, & GigaStudio.

Postby Michael.B » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:48 pm

Hello Frank,

Your song is a favourite and I'm looking forward to hearing your unique touch. I hope this is the song you mentioned you wanted to reserve.

05. O Tannenbaum ........................................... Frank D'Erasmo

For my full introductory post which has more information, including song entry requirements, please see my first post in this thread or click on the following link:

Michael

Last edited by Michael.B on Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael.B

Postby Michael.B » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:22 pm

rbowser wrote:Great, Michael - It's such a relief to finally get this under way. As I've said in several posts, it feels very odd to me to not have my project started. I was pretty much finished with last year's contribution by this time!

I've posted the link to this Official List at NorthernSounds, so Garritan Forum members there can come over here and get involved.

Thanks!

Randy

Hello Randy,

It is good that this is now officially under way; I will admit to having made a start on my chosen song and took a chance that it would be available. I would never make the deadline unless I start my song early and commit small pockets of time on it steadily during the year.

Thanks for posting at Northern Sounds. As I said in my reply there, I hope a few of our regulars and some new names will join in.

Five nominations are in already with great songs so its looking good. :D

Michael

Michael.B

Postby Rhap2 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Please sign me up for, "Hark The Herald Angels Sing."

Thank you,

Jack

Jack Cannon: GPO4, JABB3, COMB2, WORLD, Instant Orch, HARPS, Pipe ORGANS, DP8.05, Altiverb 7, Finale 2011, Mac Pro 8 GB RAM, MacBook Pro 8 GB RAM.
Rhap2

Postby Frank D » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:40 pm

Hi Again, Michael,

Yes! I was able to reserve my carol of choice! I was blessed because it's one of the perennial favorites ... somebody does an arrangement of it every year!

Minor correction on my surname, Michael: It's: D'Erasmo ... with an UC "D'E".

Thanks and regards,

Frank

Frank D'Erasmo
FABD Music - Arrangements-Orchestrations
All Styles ... Specializing in Jazz, Theater, Latin & Pop.
Frank D

Software Owned:
Garritan JaBB, GPO, CoMB, GAS, World, & Strad. Violin. Sonar X2 Producer, Pro Tools, Performer, Finale, & GigaStudio.

Postby Michael.B » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:40 am

Hello Jack,

I'm so pleased you're with the project once more. What a great carol you've chosen Jack. Another firm favourite for so many folk. :D

05. O Tannenbaum ........................................... Frank D'Erasmo
06. Hark The Herald Angels Sing .......................... Jack Cannon

Michael

Michael.B

Next