MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Mixer - keep in position

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Mixer - keep in position

Postby muskbh » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:24 am

Hi - In Finale using AriaPlayer I want to export a score with one instrument in the front and the other in the instrument in the background turned almost down in AriaPlayer. I set it all ready, and then when I start the export the mixer turns back to equal level in all instruments. Why can't I keep mymixer positions?

muskbh

Re: Mixer - keep in position

Postby Michael.B » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Hello muskbh,

In Finale, the mixer in the ARIA Player follows Finale's mixer.

So, to set one instrument at a higher level so it is prominent, and the second instrument so that it sounds in the background, try the following.

Open Finale's own mixer by going to the top menu your Finale page and click on 'Window' then select 'Mixer'.

Finale's mixer should open and you can set your instruments to the levels you want there.

Playback your score to check that the levels are what you want.

You should find that when you now look at ARIA's mixer (MIDI/Audio/VST Banks and Effects), the ARIA sliders follow the settings of Finale's mixer.

When you export this file as a MIDI file, you should find that the levels are just as you set them.

Hope this helps. :)

Michael.B

Re: Mixer - keep in position

Postby Ron. » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:27 am

You might want to consider putting your solo instrument into a different instance of the Aria player than your other instruments. That way you can modify the ambience settings, etc. to give it a sound distinct from the rest of the orchestra. I typically split the main orchestra choirs into separate banks so that I can treat each more appropriate for its overall sound. For example, I lower the overall volume of woodwinds to keep them from overwhelming the brass and strings. (I never did understand why Garritan made the default volume of woodwinds so loud and percussion so quiet.)

Ron.

Software Owned:
Finale 2014c; GPO4, JABB3, C0MB2, GIO, Basic Steinway, World Instruments, Plogue Free Sounds, GiFF.