MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Howdy

Everything else

Howdy

Postby Tanethra » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:10 am

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd say hello following the purchase of GPO the other weekend really liking what I hear from this amazing piece of software. Hopefully I will get some tunes posted soon as I'm currently working on a piece atm.

A bit of info about me; I like playing guitar generally and have drifted into home recording with the improvements in PC software and recording interfaces. I'm very much a hobbyist at this don't consider myself an expert but always willing to learn and pick up hints and tips.

Cheers for now

Craig (aka Tanethra)

ps I've linked in my Soundcloud profile featuring some of my efforts. (I hope they don't offend your ears!)

Tanethra

Software Owned:
Reaper DAW, Garritan Instant Orchestra, Broomstick Bass, EZ Drummer, EZ Keys

Re: Howdy

Postby kingfreeze » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:10 am

Hi Craig, congrats on your purchase of gpo4, I am sure you'll find out the many options that the software provides, and you've come to the right place as most in this forum own gpo. I noticed you're using reaper, which I have recently started learning. Some of the threads meander over several subjects, but doing a keyword search will yield answers you're looking for if need be. Some of these "meandering " threads are mine, as I had many questions configuring finale, garritan, and there is a lot of information within these threads. good luck.

Everywhere you go...there you are !
https://soundcloud.com/steve-wisnoski
kingfreeze

Software Owned:
Finale 2011 print music
Garritan personal orchestra 5
World instruments
Reaper DAW

Re: Howdy

Postby Tanethra » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:34 am

Many thanks Kingfreeze. It did take some trawling of the internet forums to get a handle on how to set the Aria player with multiple outputs but I've seemed to have managed it without too much hassle.

Just a matter of sitting down now and discovering the nuances of the program as not being proficient at keyboard playing I'm probably not using GPO4 to its full potential. I'm amazed what it can do for the price. :D

Tanethra

Software Owned:
Reaper DAW, Garritan Instant Orchestra, Broomstick Bass, EZ Drummer, EZ Keys