MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Which GPO4 version?

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Which GPO4 version?

Postby gogreen » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:18 pm

How do I identify which version of GPO4 I own? And if there is an updated version, am I entitled to a free update?

Arthur J. Michaels
https://www.facebook.com/composerarthurjmichaels
Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM
Windows 10 Home x64 SP 1
M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
M-Audio AV40 monitors
gogreen

Software Owned:
Finale 2000 to Finale 2014.5 (currently using 2014.5)
COMB2
GPO4, GPO5
Aria Player 1.860
Aria Engine 1.860

Re: Which GPO4 version?

Postby rbowser » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:29 pm

gogreen wrote:How do I identify which version of GPO4 I own? And if there is an updated version, am I entitled to a free update?

Art, I think the most recent publicly available GPO update is 4.02. I'm not completely sure, because it's become confusing for me as a Garritan Beta tester - My version is 4.04, and I'm not sure of what version is actually the most recent available download.

In the version of ARIA and GPO I have, when an instrument's loaded, there's a GPO graphic on the Info tab of ARIA that has the version number on it. All of the Garritan Libraries have graphics so that when instruments are loaded, a look at the Info page will remind the user what Library the instrument was loaded from. That's been in place for the Beta team for way over a year - but I think that's still not released? Before that - there wasn't a way to see the version number for the Libraries-- So, I'm saying if you don't have that graphic, I don't know of a way for you to identify your version.

As far as I've been aware, when there's an update to a Library, it's cost $50.* But maybe I'm thinking of the initial big upgrade from Kontakt to ARIA-- See how confusing it all can be? I'm replying even though I'm not sure of the answers, in hopes that someone on the Garritan development team, or even someone at MM will notice the question and offer more definitive answers.

*EDIT-UPDATE - Confirmed that there isn't a charge for the updates. The $50 was only for the initial upgrade from Kontakt to ARIA.

I Think that 4.02 is the most recent publicly available version of GPO. Whether or not upgrades are still costing $50 - I'm not positive. And without the Info page - I don't think there is a way to see which version you have. The version numbers of ARIA Player and the Engine are displayed on the last tab - but there's no analogous display for the Libraries without that Info page which I doubt you have.

Randy B.

Last edited by rbowser on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Postby gogreen » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:10 am

Randy: Nope. No GPO version on the info tab. At least, not on my info tabs either in GPO4 or in COMB2.

Art

Arthur J. Michaels
Windows 10 Home x64 SP 1
M-Audio AV40 monitors
gogreen

Software Owned:
COMB2
GPO4, GPO5
Aria Player 1.860
Aria Engine 1.860

Postby rbowser » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:28 am

gogreen wrote:Randy: Nope. No GPO version on the info tab. At least, not on my info tabs either in GPO4 or in COMB2.

Art

Right, that's actually what I thought. Having graphics for each Library which display on the Info tab is something that for some reason still hasn't been part of any public upgrade. It's still a feature only in the Beta version. Before that was added, I don't recall any way to check on the specific version number of a Library. I looked in my Program Files just now, and there's nothing there that indicates it either.

Well - Maybe someone who has more complete inside information on versioning, releases etc. will see this thread and reply, Art.

Randy

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Harps

Sundry soft synths:

Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Postby Michael.B » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:32 am

gogreen wrote:Randy: Nope. No GPO version on the info tab. At least, not on my info tabs either in GPO4 or in COMB2.

Art

Hello Art,

Same with mine although, as Randy says, on his Beta version the info is all there.

I'm surprised that this info hasn't filtered into the latest ARIA Players although it's probably a GPO thing rather than an ARIA Player thing.

Looking through the Programs GPO folder I couldn't see any GPO graphic file there. Hopefully the next GPO update will have this.

Michael.B

Postby gogreen » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:27 am

I just checked my GPO4 "registration card," at it says "Garritan Personal Orchestra 4.0." But now I wonder what the differences are between 4.0, 4.2, and 4.4. Surely something has to be different, or else why number the versions? And if that's true, to be consistent with other MM products, MM should offer free updates.

Art

Arthur J. Michaels
Windows 10 Home x64 SP 1
M-Audio AV40 monitors
gogreen

Software Owned:
COMB2
GPO4, GPO5
Aria Player 1.860
Aria Engine 1.860

Postby rbowser » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:50 am

gogreen wrote:I just checked my GPO4 "registration card," at it says "Garritan Personal Orchestra 4.0." But now I wonder what the differences are between 4.0, 4.2, and 4.4. Surely something has to be different, or else why number the versions? And if that's true, to be consistent with other MM products, MM should offer free updates.

Art

Hi, Art - The differences in the GPO updates are minor in the sense that a user could very well not be aware of them. I just now looked up what was listed as improvements from 4.0 to 4.02:

- Added GPO Ensembles
- Winds vibrato tweaks
- Celesta (STD_bank.xml) sustain_sw=on

That first item, ensembles - I think that means that new ones were added to the list already available. Second item, vibrato tweaks - that was for the instruments that can have their vibrato controlled by After Touch - it was improved a bit. The third item - the pedal for the Celesta was backwards from what it should have been. I'm not sure if there were any more tweaks than that.

Version 4.04 is still coming up. That's the one that will have displays on the Info tab that will let you see at a glance what Library each loaded instrument is from. The version # of your Library will also be on that tab.

But, as you can see, it's not as if these updates are major. The first release of GPO in ARIA still works just fine for the most part.

AND - I'm not at all sure if the updates cost anything, and actually I think they don't. I hope Michael or someone else can answer that. It's just been so long, I'm not sure anymore - It's very possible that it was only the initial leap from Kontakt to ARIA that cost $50.

Randy

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Harps

Sundry soft synths:

Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Postby Michael.B » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:12 am

rbowser wrote: ..... Version 4.04 is still coming up. That's the one that will have displays on the Info tab that will let you see at a glance what Library each loaded instrument is from. The version # of your Library will also be on that tab. .....

AND - I'm not at all sure if the updates cost anything, and actually I think they don't. I hope Michael or someone else can answer that. It's just been so long, I'm not sure anymore - It's very possible that it was only the initial leap from Kontakt to ARIA that cost $50.

Randy

Hello Randy,

This is my understanding too. I am almost certain that the version you are Beta teting (4.04) will be a free update.

I think the upgrade cost (previously $50 as you say) would apply if, say, GPO5 became available. I could be wrong here, of course. This is just my understanding of how upgrades work.

Michael.B

Postby rbowser » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:20 am

Michael.B wrote:...I think the upgrade cost (previously $50 as you say) would apply if, say, GPO5 became available. I could be wrong here, of course. This is just my understanding of how upgrades work.

You have GPO 4.02, right Michael? You don't remember having to pay for it do you? $50 was for the Big upgrade/update when the Garritan Libraries were moved from Kontakt to ARIA - right?

Randy

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Harps

Sundry soft synths:

Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Postby Michael.B » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:00 pm

rbowser wrote: ..... You have GPO 4.02, right Michael? You don't remember having to pay for it do you? $50 was for the Big upgrade/update when the Garritan Libraries were moved from Kontakt to ARIA - right?

Randy

Yes .. I have 4.02 and I didn't have to pay for this from 4:00. As you say that $50 was the big one from Kontakt to ARIA.

I just wonder when that GPO 4:04 will become available now.

Michael.B

Next