MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Which GPO4 version?

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Re: Which GPO4 version?

Postby rbowser » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:15 pm

Michael.B wrote:...I just wonder when that GPO 4:04 will become available now.

I don't know what the hangup is on that, Michael. The Beta team has had 4.04 since Oct 2, 2012--! There aren't any noticeable changes to GPO, it's basically the same - With the one very notable exception of the displays on the Info tab. Here's text from Garritan developer, Chad:

"Most of the changes were installer based, not instrument based. The biggest visual change will be the nice artwork on the Info tabs."

To be clear on what that means - When you load an instrument, the Info page displays a graphic for the Library it's from. It can be very handy when you've loaded lots of instruments in a project, but later you're not sure if a given instrument was from GPO, JABB, or COMB etc.

And here's developer Max on what the "installer based" changes are that Chad referred to:

"The biggest change compared to the latest public release (GPO4.02) is that this version no longer contains an ARIA Player. So, it mostly update the installation processes. We are in the process of updating all Garritan library installers to remove the ARIA Player. This will ensure that new customers will always have the latest version of ARIA when they purchase a Garritan library."

That will cut down some confusion like we've been hearing about recently.

But, as to why this still hasn't been released yet - I have no idea!

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Postby Michael.B » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:49 pm

rbowser wrote: ..... And here's developer Max on what the "installer based" changes are that Chad referred to:

"The biggest change compared to the latest public release (GPO4.02) is that this version no longer contains an ARIA Player. So, it mostly update the installation processes. We are in the process of updating all Garritan library installers to remove the ARIA Player. This will ensure that new customers will always have the latest version of ARIA when they purchase a Garritan library."

Randy

Phewwww ... when I read; " ..... this version no longer contains an ARIA Player." it gave me a turn. My immediate thought was; 'well how are we going to load instruments then' ..... Arghhhh! :o

Then I read on and .. Phewww .. relief .. all is well. :lol: ARIA will just be installed separately so we can download and install the latest player and engine. This makes sense to me.

I definitely agree about those graphics for the libraries. This will be excellent. Hey Randy, I want one! ;)

Michael.B

Postby gogreen » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:46 pm

MM support told me this afternoon that all maintenance updates are free for product owners. :D

Art

Arthur J. Michaels
https://www.facebook.com/composerarthurjmichaels
Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM
Windows 10 Home x64 SP 1
M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
M-Audio AV40 monitors
gogreen

Software Owned:
Finale 2000 to Finale 2014.5 (currently using 2014.5)
COMB2
GPO4, GPO5
Aria Player 1.860
Aria Engine 1.860

Postby Michael.B » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:50 am

gogreen wrote:MM support told me this afternoon that all maintenance updates are free for product owners. :D

Art

That's great.

Here's hoping it won't be too long before this latest one is available.

Michael.B

Previous