MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

updating aria player to v 1.111.

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

updating aria player to v 1.111.

Postby kingfreeze » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:20 pm

hello
I am new to finale and garritan and just downloaded finale print music 2011, then GPO4.
I have managed to compose some music and everything seems to work fine.
I read that there is an aria update on the garritan website to v 1.111. When I log into the website, it asks for product information, then I search for downloads and it takes me back to the product information page. I cannot find the aria update.
some facts:
Running the garritan installer installed 2 aria players, (x86 and x64)
the music I composed is using aria x 86, v 1.076
aria engine.com offers a download of v 1.6.7.0 (I downloaded this but did not unzip the file)
the aria player I am using does not have an auto legato button, nor the ensemble window
the only download I did find is finale2011b win updater which I had problems unzipping.

I am using vista>finale printmusic>GPO4

since I have little experience with this software, I don't know how it should act, however the player is missing the auto legato and ensemble window.
I am quite pleased with the results I am getting, aside from the problematic percussion assignment which is well documented.
thanks in advance

Everywhere you go...there you are !
https://soundcloud.com/steve-wisnoski
kingfreeze

Software Owned:
Finale 2011 print music
Garritan personal orchestra 5
World instruments
Reaper DAW

Re: updating aria player to v 1.111.

Postby Fred @ MakeMusic » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:30 am

Good morning-

Sorry you're having trouble getting up to date! I think we can get you in better shape here. Use the link below to get to our downloads page. In the drop down fields you are presented with, under "Product", choose "Garritan" and under "Title", type "Aria". These two fields should do the trick.
When you click "Search", you should get you to the latest Aria player (1.620) listed. Download and install version 1.620, and you should be sorted. Let us know how you get on!

Cheers!

Download page

Fred @ MakeMusic

Postby greyfox73 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:43 am

Wanted to jump in here regarding the "Autolegato" feature in Aria. You mentioned you have GPO4, so I'm assuming you purchased that as well as Finale. When you are loading sounds in Aria, you have the option of loading either the Notation or Standard sounds that come with GPO4. Notation is for use with Finale and it takes advantage of Finale's "human playback" ability.
Aria 1.jpg
Aria 1.jpg (92.05 KB) Viewed 5799 times
Articulations and dynamics, for example, will respond when using sounds loaded using Notation sounds. The Autolegato feature will not appear in Aria as it's not needed. When you use a phrase marking over several notes using the smart shape, the notes will sound legato. If you were using Aria in a DAW like Sonar, you would load the Standard sounds.
Aria 2.jpg
Aria 2.jpg (104.2 KB) Viewed 5799 times
The Autolegato feature will appear if you do this. I hope this makes sense.

Gary A.

greyfox73

Software Owned:
GPO4, JABB3, COMB2, World Instruments, Instant Orchestra, Garritan GoFriller Solo Cello, Garritan Orchestral Strings, Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin, Finale 2011, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer

Postby kingfreeze » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:19 pm

thank you fred and fox, I was able to update to aria player v 1.6.2.0, and the auto legato makes sense now. the aria update also gives the ensemble window option which I was not seeing before. I have been a professional musician in excess of 4 decades, using virtual instruments along with notation software has been a goal for a very long time, hence, my ignorance with midi and protocol. good luck.

Everywhere you go...there you are !
https://soundcloud.com/steve-wisnoski
kingfreeze

Software Owned:
Finale 2011 print music
Garritan personal orchestra 5
World instruments
Reaper DAW

Postby ditto » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi everyone. Newbie to Garritan here.

What's the difference between Garritan Aria Player (Windows) 1.111 and Aria Player 1.620?

Right now, my version of GPO4 Full says Garritan Aria Player in the header, but in the Settings window it's described as Aria Player 1.02, and immediately under that Aria v1.093 (WindowsX64). (I bought Eli Krantzberg's video tutorial for GPO and his GUI is very different from mine.) Confusion.

ditto

Postby Michael.B » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:49 pm

ditto wrote:Hi everyone. Newbie to Garritan here.

What's the difference between Garritan Aria Player (Windows) 1.111 and Aria Player 1.620?

Hello Ditto and welcome to the Forums.

The Aria Player 1.111 is an early version. The Aria Player 1.620 is the latest version of the player currently available.

ditto wrote: ..... Right now, my version of GPO4 Full says Garritan Aria Player in the header, but in the Settings window it's described as Aria Player 1.02, and immediately under that Aria v1.093

The 'Settings' window in the Aria Player is showing the version of the player you have installed. Immediately under that is the version of the player engine you have installed.

To illustrate:

Aria Player 1.02 (The version of the player you have. Current latest version is 1.620)
Aria v1.093 (The version of the Aria engine you have. Current latest version is 1.670)

The reason the player and the engine are listed separately is because the Aria Player is a Garritan product using Plogue technology. Plogue offer engine updates for their software.

If you wish to update you can using the following links:

Garritan Aria Player updates: https://store.makemusic.com/Downloads/

For 'Product' select 'Garritan'.
For 'Platform' select 'windows'.
For 'Category' select 'Updates'.

You will need to login to your account to download.

Aria Player Engine Updates: http://ariaengine.com/support/aria-engine-update/

I have the latest Aria Player (1.620) and the latest Engine update (1.670) and everything is working well here.

If you did update and things don't work out, you can always roll back and install the versions you are used to.

I holpe this helps and please post back if you need more info. :)

Michael.B

Postby ditto » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Wonderful. Thanks very much, Michael. That player/engine difference was confusing until you explained it.

Onward and upward to my next level of incompetence!

ditto

Postby Michael.B » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:07 pm

ditto wrote: ..... Onward and upward to my next level of incompetence!

No incompetence at all. Please feel totally free to ask for any help you need. :)

Michael.B