MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Missing samples - Aria for Acid Pro 7

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Missing samples - Aria for Acid Pro 7

Postby John K » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:55 am

I installed Aria for Acid Pro 7 on a Windows 10 machine, and the install went fine, but at the end when it asks for my serial number, it says my SN is no good. I've tried typing it in carefully, and copied and pasted it, (several times), but always the same result. I know the SN is good, though, because I was able to get a keycard with it. The plugin seems to have installed just fine, because I can launch it from within Acid Pro, and even dragged the keycard to it and registered it with no problem. The only thing is the missing samples, which I'm guessing is because of the supposedly invalid SN at the end of the install process. Does anybody have any idea how I can get my missing samples to install?

John K

Re: Missing samples - Aria for Acid Pro 7

Postby Derrek » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:49 am

Garritan sound packs normally authorize by dragging the appropriate license card (an image file obtained from Garritan) for the sound-pack you have purchased (GPO5, JABB, etc.)

If you have already authorized your soundpack, I would expect Aria to function as well on Acid Pro 7 as it does when folded into SONAR (but I'm guessing, since I do not own Acid Pro).

If you have never authorized your sound-pack(s), you need to go to your account at Garritan and obatin the license-card for your sound-pack.

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7

Re: Missing samples - Aria for Acid Pro 7

Postby John K » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:14 pm

Thanks for the reply, but my version of Aria and the samples came bundled with Acid Pro, and the one Serial Number is supposed to authorize everything.
(Everything from here on out is less for Derrek and more for anyone with the same problem that might stumble across this thread later...)
I found this in the help center that says to contact Sony for any support questions for Aria for Acid Pro:
https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... A-for-Acid
But, making things more difficult, Sony recently sold Acid, among other things, to Magix, and no longer supports Acid. So, hopefully, Magix will be able to solve my problem.

John K