MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

GPO5 used with Encore 5.0.4.875

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

GPO5 used with Encore 5.0.4.875

Postby johnwilinspir » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:31 pm

Hello, I'm a newcomer to the Garritan world and recently purchased GPO5 and Aria player. All seems to work OK as Standalone, but I can't get it to work with my notation software (Encore 5.0.4.875). Have any users worked this one out - please tell me how.
John

johnwilinspir

Re: GPO5 used with Encore 5.0.4.875

Postby SysExJohn » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:11 am

John,
Most notation programs have to have a set of 'rules' written (I'm guessing there's a set for GPO4 in Encore). It usually takes an individual user, sometimes the program makers, to create this set of rules.
Garritan has published one, naturally, for the products they are affiliated to, Finale, but can hardly be expected to provide rules sets for Sibelius, Notion, Encore, Overture and Mozart, to name just the few I know about.
Mark you, it would help to increase sales, I would have thought, if they did.

Author of http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/ MIDI tutorials.
SysExJohn

Software Owned:
Sonar 7 PE, Finale 2012c, GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, World, CPO, Harps, Steinway Basic + GPO5.

Postby johnwilinspir » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:30 am

Thanks for that (also for the fast response). I'm asking Encore the same questions of course. From what I've read so far this should work - I'm just trying to figure out how.

johnwilinspir

Postby SysExJohn » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:58 am

Hee hee! Fast response was just when I happened to log in.
You might try to find out if a list of rules is published anywhere for their 'rules' file.
Then check to see where, if anywhere, there's a set for GPO4.
GPO5 has a great deal of 4 within it.
But as far as notation rules are concerned it would be the best place to start building the new instruments into ... if you're up to the job.
I'd take a look for you but I'm up to my neck, well actually over my head at the moment, with attempting to rewrite the GPO5 GUI xml and sfz files for my own purposes. :(

SysExJohn

Software Owned:
Sonar 7 PE, Finale 2012c, GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, World, CPO, Harps, Steinway Basic + GPO5.

Postby SysExJohn » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:10 am

After a quick look at the Encore manual it would seem, from a very brief perusal, that it has only just added VSTi support to version 5. Is that correct?
In which case it may well have no scripting facility yet.
I couldn't find a description of how to set up VSTi there.

SysExJohn

Software Owned:

Postby johnwilinspir » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:38 am

Thanks again. I think you're right in your surmising. I've also got a query logged with Passport Music so hopefully they can shed some light on it.

Incidentally, I have been able to load Midi Yoke in Encore - but I'm not sure what to do next??
John

johnwilinspir

Postby SysExJohn » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:52 am

I think a query with Passport is the 'way to go'.

Re. MIDI Yoke, it's a virtual MIDI port.
In other words it lets you connect one MIDI 'program' to another.
So, for instance, one can connect the output of Encore to MIDI Yoke and the input of ARIA stand alone version to the output of MIDI Yoke.
Then one can direct up to 16 channels of MIDI via the MIDI Yoke port to the 16 channels available in ARIA.
It's a bit of a cludge when one has support for VSTi within Encore.

Normally, with a more advanced program, when the VSTi is set up and the work one is creating has all its instruments set up within ARIA, plus any reverb settings and so on, then saving in the host program's own format, that is with a proprietary suffix, e.g. cwp for Cakewalk, then everything is remembered. Then reloading the project loads all the notes and all the instruments and all the settings.

I'm writing a GPO5 tutorial (slowly) over in my MIDI forum. But it still has some way to go.

Regards,
John.

SysExJohn

Software Owned:

Postby johnwilinspir » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:59 pm

Thanks again for all your replies. I'll look forward to your tutorial when it comes out.
John

johnwilinspir

Postby SysExJohn » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:21 am

My pleasure, hope you get Encore sorted out.

I added episode 2 to my tutorial yesterday.
However I'm still going through a summary of what's in the package.
Episode 2 covered the sample library.
Episode 3 (in preparation) will summarise what's in the ARIA program and start to deal with the various windows offered (the five 'Tabs') by the program and VST versions.
I think episode 4 will tackle set up and configuration.
Then it's down to the more detailed use of the controls, both MIDI and those set within the interface.

John.

SysExJohn

Software Owned:

Postby johnwilinspir » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:25 am

I don't know what happened there??? Anyway, I was about to say I haven't experienced this level of discourse with any other software package I've used. So many thanks again.

John

johnwilinspir