MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Aria player won't correctly load .sfz files

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Aria player won't correctly load .sfz files

Postby Dakota » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:50 pm

So when I run the Aria player, I will drag and drop a 3rd party .sfz file and when I click a note on the keyboard, its makes a very "alien" like sound. I even tested this issue with the GIFF sfz files and I get the same issue. Maybe I'm not doing something right but I don't know what. All I want to do is use 3rd part sfz files in Finale. Another possible solution would be to just load those files directly into Finale without going through the Aria player, but I don't know how to do that since the 3rd party files don't come with their own player. What should I do?

Dakota

Re: Aria player won't correctly load .sfz files

Postby Derrek » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:41 am

That sounds more like a buffer or other sound setting (I have had it, too, when testing some notes directly in the Aria player). See if playing a measure or two of a test file through Finale gives you better results.

Perhaps someone more experienced here can help you find the precise source of the difficulty you are having in the Aria player.

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7

Re: Aria player won't correctly load .sfz files

Postby SysExJohn » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:04 am

Hi Dakota,

Not that I have anything to do with MakeMusic and Garritan, apart from being a user, this forum is about the Garritan sample libraries in their various forms, and therefore reasonable place to start your query. However, I believe there are few here who can help you.

The ARIA sample player is made for Garritan/MakeMusic by a Canadian company called Plogue.

Plogue has its own forum here:- http://www.plogue.com/phpBB2/index.php.
If you scroll to the foot of the page you will find three sections to do with ARIA, sfz programming and sforzando (a free, single channel sfz player based around ARIA). It is frequented by the designer/owner of Plogue and some of his programmers who are eager to help. It is highly likely you will find your solution over there.

Regards,
John.

Author of http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/ MIDI tutorials.
SysExJohn

Software Owned:
Sonar 7 PE, Finale 2012c, GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, World, CPO, Harps, Steinway Basic + GPO5.