MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Ultimate Collection & Finale 2012

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Ultimate Collection & Finale 2012

Postby torch » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:24 pm

I have the Ultimate Collection in my laptop and Finale 2012 in the desktop. How do I go about installing both apps in both computers?

Thanks.

torch

Software Owned:
Garritan Ultimate Collection, Komplete 10, Structure2, xPand!2, Sampletank3, Miroslav Philharmonik, Ableton Live, Reason

Re: Ultimate Collection & Finale 2012

Postby Derrek » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:13 am

Just do it (over the web) from the MakeMusic site. (Full) Finale allows two authorizations, and I believe Garritan allows at least that many. If you need more specifics, you can file a support inquiry at the MakeMusic site.

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7

Postby torch » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:36 pm

Derrek wrote:Just do it (over the web) from the MakeMusic site. (Full) Finale allows two authorizations, and I believe Garritan allows at least that many. If you need more specifics, you can file a support inquiry at the MakeMusic site.

Thanks for your post. I read some posts that seem to suggest some conflicts between Garritan plug-ins and Finale sound libraries and I wanted to make sure that I do it right from the start. There are even some files to install for each Garritan plug in to work with Finale. It sounds a little messy with all the different Aria players and different versions of players and engines. MakeMusic says that the versions of the player and the engine should match. Yes, I filed a support inquiry.

torch

Software Owned:
Garritan Ultimate Collection, Komplete 10, Structure2, xPand!2, Sampletank3, Miroslav Philharmonik, Ableton Live, Reason

Postby Derrek » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:30 am

I expect the Aria plug-in from MM will work fine even if it does not use the latest engine; but you will need to make sure the Aria & engine versions on your two computers are identical or you will almost certainly have trouble moving files back and forth.

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7