MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Aria player cannot find error.

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Aria player cannot find error.

Postby DrRandal » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:20 am

Hello,

I have the most recent version of Aria installed, but no sound plays when I select any of the Garritan instruments from the score manager. Also if I select Aria Player, it will throw and error like "Aria error, slot : 0, Aria cannot find \[path]\[path]\[instrument] .... product:-1". I have followed the tutorial to place the .xml and .soundmap files in the correct folders? Is there anything I was missing, to let Aria know where to find the sound?

Thank you if anyone know

DrRandal

Re: Aria player cannot find error.

Postby Credo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:09 am

DrRandal wrote:Hello,

I have the most recent version of Aria installed, but no sound plays when I select any of the Garritan instruments from the score manager. Also if I select Aria Player, it will throw and error like "Aria error, slot : 0, Aria cannot find \[path]\[path]\[instrument] .... product:-1". I have followed the tutorial to place the .xml and .soundmap files in the correct folders? Is there anything I was missing, to let Aria know where to find the sound?

Thank you if anyone know

Has anything changed recently in your system?
I.E. Maybe a hard drive was plugged into a different port, or the order that Windows looks for partitions changed?

I.E. If you'd installed the libraries on an external drive, and maybe it's not plugged in?

If these more obvious checks don't fix things, you could try reinstalling everything.

Credo

Software Owned:
Cubase 8.5; Sibelius 7.5; Finale 2014.5; Bidule;
Garritan Ultimate Collection, Halion 5, Halion Symphonic Orchestra, SONiVOX Film and Orchestra Companion

Re: Aria player cannot find error.

Postby Derrek » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:11 am

Has DrRandal updated his system to Windows 10? There have been compatibility issues with WIn 10 for some people using Finale, which sounds like what he is using. This appears to be a conflict between Win 10 sound drivers and some sound cards.

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7