MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Reverb issues on CFX Yamaha. Help!

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Reverb issues on CFX Yamaha. Help!

Postby MRuckles » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:55 am

Hello all!
When I open aria player or the standalone CFX player, the piano immediately has a preset reverb. Even though on the "studio" page, reverb is OFF. How do I turn off any reverb effectively?

MRuckles

Re: Reverb issues on CFX Yamaha. Help!

Postby jtgarrett » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:27 pm

I have similar problems. I'd like to get the CFX sounding as if it were in my bedroom, i.e., relatively flat from a reverb standpoint.

But I think the reverb we're hearing is unfortunately not really "reverb," but simply part of the recording of the samples from Studio One, which is quite a large room if you've seen photos of it. No matter what you do, Studio One is always going to be the room it was recorded in.

You can get rid of some of the reverb by muting the ambient microphones, but that can only do so much.

Studio One is great for musical recordings, but honestly, I think it's a mistake to record a solo instrument in there. Reverb can always be added later, but it's much harder to take it away.

jtgarrett

Re: Reverb issues on CFX Yamaha. Help!

Postby Derrek » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:46 am

IIRC the CFX gives you multiple mic placement options. Are you sure what you are hearing as reverb is not the result of specifying a more distant mic or multiple mic's?

Worth checking. (I don't own the package but have read several descriptions.)

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7