MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Garritan CFX Grand

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Garritan CFX Grand

Postby andymurph » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:58 pm

I upgraded to Windows 10 and although I could use CFX Grand as a Plugin in Reaper I couldn't start the Stand Alone version, even in Windows 7 Compatibility mode. Luckily I had made an Image of my Windows 7 and could easily revert. Any ideas? :?

andymurph

Re: Garritan CFX Grand

Postby Derrek » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:46 pm

Have you checked with Garritan Support at MakeMusic?

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7

Postby Lordgeous » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:05 am

Have a similar problem (in Mac, not windows), but don't bother asking Garritan Support - apart from the automated notification of receipt they never reply. Extremely unprofessional and frustrating. Wish I'd never bought the ****** thing!

Lordgeous

Postby fratveno » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:54 am

Hello,
despite warnings a friend of mine managed to upgrade his 2014 Mac Pro to El Capitan. Before the update the CFX Full loaded in less than 20 seconds, now it takes many minutes, and he is then greeted with a dialog saying "preparing regions..." Anyone experienced this? Reinstalling CFX had no effect, and he's reluctant to wipe the OS as the machine works fine in every other respect...

fratveno

Postby chrispire » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:11 pm

[quote="fratveno":***]Hello,
despite warnings a friend of mine managed to upgrade his 2014 Mac Pro to El Capitan. Before the update the CFX Full loaded in less than 20 seconds, now it takes many minutes, and he is then greeted with a dialog saying "preparing regions..." Anyone experienced this? Reinstalling CFX had no effect, and he's reluctant to wipe the OS as the machine works fine in every other respect...[/quote:***]
I reported the same problem here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3054.

Note that I have never upgraded to El Capitan. I'm still using Yosemite and this loading time problem has been an issue for me for over a year. It's killed my enjoyment and use of CFX.

chrispire

Postby Derrek » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:34 am

"Preparing Regions" seems to be a (usually short-lived) message given when the Aria Player loads a sound file (or multiple sound files). No idea what it means, and my experience has been that it does not take noticeably longer (in a PC) than before. I do not, however, have the CFX Grand.

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7

Postby jonnystevens » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:19 pm

Yeah I am having the exact same problem when I upgraded to el capitan. It takes about 10 minutes for my logic file to load. I contacted garritan and they never responded. They need to fix this or make an update. They can't just ignore this problem as it will become worse and worse as everyone will be using el capitan.

jonnystevens

Postby SysExJohn » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:35 am

Derrek wrote:"Preparing Regions" seems to be a (usually short-lived) message given when the Aria Player loads a sound file (or multiple sound files). No idea what it means, and my experience has been that it does not take noticeably longer (in a PC) than before. I do not, however, have the CFX Grand.

A region (more properly <region> is a segment of 'sfx' code that names a single sample of an instrument and describes exactly when and how it is to be played. 'When' is which MIDI note number(s) will trigger it, and 'how' describes, for instance, how it may be looped, amplitude and several other things. In other words it's loading the samples into memory.

Clearly there are many <region>s for a multi-sampled instrument like the CFX.

Don't know why your load times have increased though.

Author of http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/ MIDI tutorials.
SysExJohn

Software Owned:
Sonar 7 PE, Finale 2012c, GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, World, CPO, Harps, Steinway Basic + GPO5.

Postby jonnystevens » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:36 pm

I contacted support and they were very helpful. Turns out I just needed to update Aria player. Works perfectly and loads quickly now. thanks!

jonnystevens

Postby Jasper Boeke » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:44 am

Guys 'n Girls; update your ARIA player!
I've been suffering loading times up to 5 minutes for almost a year. Today I updated ARIA and suddenly: FLASH FLASH - done.

Jasper Boeke

Next