MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Installing Instant Orchestra as plugin

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Installing Instant Orchestra as plugin

Postby simonc2 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:49 am

I installed Instant Orchestra but was not asked for the location of a plug-ins folder. Where do I find the dll file to be able to use this as a plug-in with Cubase?

Thanks.

simonc2

Re: Installing Instant Orchestra as plugin

Postby Credo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:29 pm

Mac or PC?

For Windows systems look (usually on drive C, but it can be installed on other drives as well):
C:\Program Files\Garritan\Aria Player
and or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Garritan\Aria Player

You should see a VST folder with regular and multiple output VST dll wrappers. In my case there are both 32 and 64 bit versions.

If for some reason you need RTAS or some other variant, those should be available there as well.

Simply copy/paste the dll(s) that you want avilable in CuBase into (drive of installation):\\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTplugins

Optionally, you can have a universal VST folder anywhere you'd like, and tell CuBase where to find it, as CuBase can keep a list of directories that it'll scan for plugins to load.

Sorry....I don't know where Mac installers like to put things so I can't be very helpful if you're on a Mac.

Credo

Software Owned:
Cubase 8.5; Sibelius 7.5; Finale 2014.5; Bidule;
Garritan Ultimate Collection, Halion 5, Halion Symphonic Orchestra, SONiVOX Film and Orchestra Companion