MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

ARIA play and Sonar

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

ARIA play and Sonar

Postby AZooNY » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Greetings!
My Win7 system system died so I had to make a new computer and Win8.1 is now the base. Fine. I was using Sonar X3 32 bit and everything was cool. With the new system I went for Sonar X3 64, and everything works (all 802 VST plugs:-)) except Aria multi. Sonar can't identify directly to it when loading current work and when I suggest it's okay to proceed, it loads but the output channel audio assignments are all NA (except channel 1/2). Fortunately, I still have a Win7 Sonar x32 laptop that works correctly. Any thoughts?
-rich

Rich Rinehart - Finale 2014b
Composer/Producer/Singer-songwriter
azoony.com/band
Mars Opera - A Comical Space Based Musical
AZooNY

Re: ARIA play and Sonar

Postby Derrek » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Check to make sure your 64-bit Sonar is pointing to the 64-bit Aria rather than the old 32-bit. That's what occurs to me.

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7

Postby AZooNY » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Thanks Derrek, I've went and deleted all the Aria players I could find and re-installed, and actually didn't see any in the 32 bit Program files (x86). I'm no closer to resolve this, no change and running out of ideas:-(

azoony.com/band
AZooNY

Postby AZooNY » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:51 pm

Still at wit's end. Still testing. Does Aria_multi even work under win81? I can not select any outputs like 7/8 when I add a "fresh" vst Aria_multi within Sonar. Same steps work under win7. A real headache.
-rich

azoony.com/band
AZooNY

Postby AZooNY » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:37 am

My bad no way around it. It was fixed by a Sonar X3 patch (plus all the removing of old ARIA players as well). Sorry for the trouble. A combination of problems - which usually causes doom, at least in the short-term:-). So happy to be back in business!
-rich

azoony.com/band
AZooNY