MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

mod wheel CC1 resets to zero

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

mod wheel CC1 resets to zero

Postby Zaffer » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:59 am

Hi,

I love the Personal Orchestra and the Aria Player, but why does the mod wheel have to reset to zero every time I move the playhead? I have CC1 set to 100 at the beginning of every track which takes care of the playback, but if I want to play in notes, I have to reset the mod wheel every time. Is there a workaround for this? Thanks.

Zaffer

Zaffer

Re: mod wheel CC1 resets to zero

Postby Credo » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:57 pm

Aria doesn't reset itself once it has initially loaded your instruments with their saved settings. If this is happening it would be due to settings in your sequencer.

Many sequencers reset controllers upon tapping the stop button.

They usually have a way to disable that somewhere in their options.
Some sequencers might also allow you to specify each and every controller and if you want them to reset or be left alone.

Some sequencers can also be set to 'chase controllers' on special automation lanes. In that case controllers in your instruments will sync up the controller data in your sequences with whatever position the cursor is in your sequence (even if you're just in edit mode and not playing it). If you don't want that behavior you'd find the 'chase controllers' flag in your sequencer options and disable that.

Credo

Software Owned:
Cubase 8.5; Sibelius 7.5; Finale 2014.5; Bidule;
Garritan Ultimate Collection, Halion 5, Halion Symphonic Orchestra, SONiVOX Film and Orchestra Companion

Re: mod wheel CC1 resets to zero

Postby Zaffer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:51 am

Thanks Credo, it worked!

Zaffer