MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Can't get keycard image, can't reach support

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Can't get keycard image, can't reach support

Postby pjgmusic » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:35 pm

Just downloaded and registered Instant Orchestra. Went to generate keycard image, it would not display. Tried this on 3 browsers, Firefox, Safari, Chrome on a mac.

This is annoying enough, but what really has my blood boiling now, is that any effort to find a support contact and generate a ticket results in getting bounced all around the various Makemusic sites. I'm looking for support for a Garritan product and get bounced to the Finale site. Clicking on the various support options just bounces me back to the home page.

This is ridiculous! I just need to contact support to get this resolved. Everybody *** about iLoks, this is the first time I have ever had so much trouble authorizing a purchased product. Bad start guys as far as customer happiness, I hope someone can help me out here.

pjgmusic

Re: Can't get keycard image, can't reach support

Postby KMFrye » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:38 pm

On this page:

http://www.garritan.com/support/

There is a place to generate a new keycard. You need to have an account set up, but I've used it and it's always worked for me.

Hope this helps you.

KM Frye
BVStudios
Composer, Arranger, Performer
Living on the Wild, West Coast.
current work- "Culloden:1746", an oratorio, using
Finale 2014.5
GPO 4
JABB3
World
REAPER DAW
KMFrye

Software Owned:
PM since 2001, Finale 2014.5,
Garritan Personal Orchestra IV
Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3
Reaper DAW

Postby pjgmusic » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:36 pm

Nope, tried it already, doesn't work. I get bounced back to the Generate keycard section and the same thing happens. As you can see in the photo, the image that is supposed to be generated does not display, therefore there's nothing for me to download. 3 different browsers, even checked to make sure images are set to display. My guess is it's a mac browser thing & a quirk with this particular website, but it's very frustrating. More frustrating still is my inability to even get to a proper support area. The website needs some serious work IMHO. Thanks though!

Attachments
Garritan Keycard Gen Image.jpg
This is what I get on all 3 browsers
Garritan Keycard Gen Image.jpg (77.55 KB) Viewed 7347 times
pjgmusic

Postby KMFrye » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:18 pm

Perhaps you can give us a few details, such as the OS you are using. At this point, it looks like something in your system is the issue. I just did a dry run from my Win7 laptop and the card was there, so it is available for download

Are your security settings perhaps too high? Are you using a plug in like GHOSTERY on your browsers?

I can't get back here for a couple of days. Maybe if you still have trouble after that, we can do a bit of troubleshooting, but for now, I think that there's a setting that needs adjustment.

KM Frye
BVStudios
Composer, Arranger, Performer
Living on the Wild, West Coast.
current work- "Culloden:1746", an oratorio, using
Finale 2014.5
GPO 4
JABB3
World
REAPER DAW
KMFrye

Software Owned:
PM since 2001, Finale 2014.5,
Garritan Personal Orchestra IV
Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3
Reaper DAW

Postby Michael.B » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:08 am

Hello PJGMusic and a warm welcome to our forums.

I'm sorry to read of the problems you're having there with the Instant Orchestra Keycard. Kevin has given great support so I thought I would also try logging into my account and see if I can access my Keycards as well. Just like Kevin, I am able to access all my Keycards and to download them without any problems.

I should mention that I don't have Instant Orchestra and am also on Windows. I'm just wondering if this is an issue either with Instant Orchestra or with the Mac?

Is there anyone you know who could try and download your card for you? I know this won't solve your access problem but at least you would be up and running with your library. Just a thought.

Michael.B

Postby pjgmusic » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:45 am

I'm sure it is an issue related to mac browsers, possibly security settings. Probably easily resolvable. My largest frustration right now is that the Make Music website
is a mess. Click on support solutions and trying to submit a ticket, the instructions for doing so with mac, the link doesn't even work! For windows it says:visit the website & click support. I do that it takes me back to the same support page where I started! Ask a Question takes me to a Finale page where the only options are issues relating to Finale! It's insane. Is there no way to send these people an email or even call them?!

Thanks all who have answered. I need for a Garritan or Make Music employee to see this & try to address it directly.

pjgmusic

Postby pjgmusic » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:22 pm

To all who answered. Thanks for your replies. I was finally able to get it resolved, & it was an easy fix. Apparently, I had 2 makemusic accounts that needed to be merged. I had downloaded finale free years ago, using the same information.

Anyway, it took a lot to get to an actual customer service person, by the name of Chad. He was great & got me sorted quickly. That website is a mess for getting answers & there really should just be a support email address or form & a number readily available rather than going through this byzantine maze of links to try to connect. It's almost like they want to do everything in their power to not have to talk to their customers. I don't care how big or busy a company is, their customers are still their bread & butter.

Anyway, complaints aside, Chad was great & helpful. Anyone who finds themselves in a similar predicament, just bypass that buggy website & call the Garritan customer support number directly. It took me a long time to get it, but it's 952-937-9703

pjgmusic

Postby Michael.B » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:25 pm

Hello again PJGMusic,

I have tried sending a message to an Administrator. Here's hoping it has reached someone and that we'll have a reply.

I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Michael

Michael.B

Postby Michael.B » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:27 pm

AHA .. I see Chad has resolved things. That's great. I'll cancel that message to Admin.

Best wishes,

Michael

Michael.B

Postby STAIRCASE SECRETS » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:30 am

You have to provide an email address in your account, as this will be included in the keycard image file.

STAIRCASE SECRETS

Next