MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Update Failed ?????

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Update Failed ?????

Postby OnCourse » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:24 am

Hi,

I've had Garritan Personal Orchestra for some time now and have been very pleased so far. However, today I update the Aria Player to 1.6--- I think I had 1.07--- but on loading the GUI is now a horrible black background!!!

Is this a bad update or am I missing something

Thanks for your help in advance

OnCourse

Re: Update Failed ?????

Postby kingfreeze » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:24 pm

Hello on course, the latest aria player is v 1.62. Did you update the aria engine also ? It is also 1.62. I recently had to reinstall GPO 4 and GWI, due to a new computer, and had to update the player and engine and had no problems. I am unsure whether the engine automatically updates with the player or not. I am not an authority on the subject, but I'm sure someone will address your issue here. I would try to completely uninstall and reinstall the player.

Everywhere you go...there you are !
https://soundcloud.com/steve-wisnoski
kingfreeze

Software Owned:
Finale 2011 print music
Garritan personal orchestra 5
World instruments
Reaper DAW

Postby Michael.B » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Hello Oncourse,

First, a warm welcome to our forums. :)

I have Aria 1.6 and, as you describe, the background is indeed black.

Apart from this, do you have all the various fields and the slots for loading instruments. If so then it does sound as if you do have the latest fully working Aria Player.

One reason I would suggest for this design is that Garritan is working towards the Aria Player loading a full graphic of the library selected. This now happens with the latest libraries including the 'Harps' and 'Classic Pipe Organs' and any later libraries after these.

Libraries preceeding these, including, JaBB, GPO4 and World Instruments, presently do not load a graphic for these libraries but the background does change when an instrument from any of these libraries is loaded into a slot.

When Garritan releases updates to these libraries I'm sure these will load graphics of the libraries too.

I hope this is of some help.

Michael.B

Postby OnCourse » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:14 am

Thank you both for your replies. I do have all the various controls, etc, intact, I was just shocked to see the new GUI. The 16 instrument slots are basically white and grey and look very amateurish. In my opinion the previous version look much more appealing, whereas this things doesn't look very inviting to use. Having said that I've just purchased Instant Orchestra so I guess I'm going to have to persevere. ;-)

OnCourse