MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Cannot Find,Launch or Register ARIA for ACID PRO 7

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Cannot Find,Launch or Register ARIA for ACID PRO 7

Postby cybermonkey440 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi, I Cannot launch ARIA from ACID PRO 7 in WIN 7 64BIT or in Programs 86X. Files are there but no ability/way to launch. No desktop shortcut. Does not exist in SOFTSYTHNS or VST in Acid Pro 7. No tab in START/MENU -only REPORT TECHNICAL ISSUE/ UNINSTALL tabs. Thank you!

cybermonkey440

Re: Cannot Find,Launch or Register ARIA for ACID PRO 7

Postby cybermonkey440 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:04 pm

Sorry, forgot to add that it installed successfully and does not appear in FAILED or IGNORED folders in Plug-in Manager.THX.

cybermonkey440

Postby SireDoime » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:18 am

Go to the program folder. In my case C:\Program Files\Garritan\ARIA for ACID Pro\VST and copy the "ARIA for ACID Pro VST_x86.dll" file to the VST folder specified within ACID Pro. In most cases it's c:\vstplugins. Then restart ACID Pro. Then go back to the SoftSynths folder selection within ACID Pro and you will now see ARIA. The program does (NOT) tell ACID Pro where the VST is located, so you have to copy it or move it yourself.

PaulJC

* edited for omitted word. 11/10/14

Last edited by SireDoime on Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SireDoime

Postby Derrek » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:05 am

I think Paul meant to say that the Aria installation does NOT tell Acid Pro where the VST is located.

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7

Postby SireDoime » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:40 pm

Yes, you're right, Derrek. Also if you got ARIA via the ACID Pro 7 bundle (as I did) DO NOT install any other update to ARIA other than the one that is INCLUDED with ACID Pro 7. If you do, you keycard WILL become invalid. So ACID Pro 7 users can only use ARIA up to v1.0.6.5. Not even the v1.1.1.1 will work. Unless you purchase the newer version, then all is fine. And DO NOT uninstall the ACID Pro version when you install the retail one (install it in the same folder), or you WILL LOSE the 2GB+ libraries that it came with. Peace!

SireDoime