MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Authorization doesn't last

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Authorization doesn't last

Postby insch02 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:49 am

I had a hard drive upgrade done on my Mac Book Pro and had some issues with the migration of my user folder. In the process Aria Player became deactivated. I have the authorisation cards - for Personal Orchestra and Concert and Marching Band and they both seem to work when I drag them to the standalone or plug-in version of Aria player (have also tried Import which works). It says it is authorised. But it doesn't last - it keeps asking me again every time I open it - standalone or plug-in. I have an important studio session on Tuesday and need to get this fixed asap. I can't run with a demo version. I have been using the Aria player on this laptop and my Mac Pro successfully for some time. This is a new issue.

Can anyone help? Is there another way?

insch02

Re: Authorization doesn't last

Postby Derrek » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:57 am

Are you running the Aria player as System Admin? Is your Aria player (or some config or support file) in a protected/read-only folder? Those are two things I would check to start. Perhaps someone with more experience in this area (on the Mac) will be able to chime in soon.

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7

Postby insch02 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:02 pm

Thanks.

I am running Aria under my account as a system administrator. The config files are now on the desktop and I have also downloaded new ones. Can't see what is causing this.

insch02

Postby greyfox73 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:43 am

I recall this happening to me years ago when GPO4 first came out. It's been so long ago I can't remember what the fix was, though I did find the old thread on the Northern Sounds site where I reported the problem. For me, even though I kept being asked repeatedly to authorize GPO4, I finally chose to ignore it and it still continued to function. It was weird. I would contact support and tell them what you're running into. They may send you a different key card to authorize GPO and COMB. Seems to me that what they did for me. Hope this helps.

greyfox73

Software Owned:
GPO4, JABB3, COMB2, World Instruments, Instant Orchestra, Garritan GoFriller Solo Cello, Garritan Orchestral Strings, Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin, Finale 2011, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer

Postby insch02 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:00 pm

Thanks - that's helpful. it's strange that it doesn't happen on both my Macs. I'll try ignoring it tomorrow and see what happens - it says it will go silent after 15 mins - I hope not since I have an important session on Tues!

insch02

Postby insch02 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:29 am

Aria player is definitely kicking out after 15 mins so it appears to be running in demo mode. Dragging the authorisation cards to it makes it work again but I guess for only another 15 mins? Big problem. Hope I find out how to get round this before tomorrow.

insch02

Postby greyfox73 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:52 am

Yikes! That's not good. You might try re-downloading the key card if you haven't already done that. Only other thing to do is contact support and let them know what's going on. Wish I could be more help.

Gary

greyfox73

Software Owned:
GPO4, JABB3, COMB2, World Instruments, Instant Orchestra, Garritan GoFriller Solo Cello, Garritan Orchestral Strings, Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin, Finale 2011, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer

Postby insch02 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:06 am

Fixed - it turns out that there is an authorization file within the Aria application folder that gives it universal authorization. Why they created this file at all I don't know. But dragging it to the standalone Aria Player fixed the issue. I guess it normally picks up this file on its own but not in my case for some reason, even after re-installing.

insch02

Postby insch02 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:07 am

and thanks to everyone for their help.

insch02

Postby greyfox73 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:23 pm

Great to hear! Now it's time to get down to doing some composing, eh?

Gary

greyfox73

Software Owned: