MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Sneaky Sustain Pedal

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Sneaky Sustain Pedal

Postby Jonnie91 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:55 am

I am using the Aria Player and a plethora of the sounds from the various Garritan Library (primarily Personal Orchestra in this instance) and I've come across a strange problem, whether this is just me or not, but when I arm to record in Sonar X3e and then start to record, the sustain pedal automatically turns itself on, and stays on unless I physically press down the (physical) pedal to stop it (or if I am in the Aria engine itself I click it.

This also occurs when there is nothing recorded, I do not press down on my foot pedal at all! It is just automatically turned on.

Anyone have any ideas on to why this is occurring. I am using Garritan Personal Orchestra (primarily) with Aria Player v1.620 64bit. Any ideas?

Jonnie91

Software Owned:
Garritan Personal Orchestra 4
Garritan World Instruments
Garritan Instant Orchestra
Dimension Pro
Rapture
Kontakt (with various libraries)
Sonar X3e

Re: Sneaky Sustain Pedal

Postby Derrek » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:22 am

I believe it is set up that way via the pedal controller. Down gives the MIDI code to turn the Pedal function off and up gives the code that turns it on. I have no idea why it is set up this way, but I seem to recall reading about it when I investigated the manual some time ago.

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7