MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Aria Multi vs Aria in Sonar X3

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Aria Multi vs Aria in Sonar X3

Postby MIDIMonster323 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:17 am

I am trying to figure out how to make Aria Multi appear in the Insert menu so I can assign different channels to my tracks. In the Insert>Soft Synth>VST2 menu, the only pickable Aria option is Aria. I'm running 64 Bit Windows, 64 Bit Sonar, and the Aria shows to be running the 64 Bit version.

However, the 16 tracks show to all be using the 1/2 while the others are grayed out and un-clickable.

I hope this is an ID-10-T error and something that is easy to adjust. Or do I need to upgrade to X3 Studio for this?

Glenn

"Music will speak when our words fail us...."
Win 8.1 / Sonar Producer X3e
GCOMB2 /GWI /GJABB3 /GCPO /GIO /GPO4
CCSB
LPX
MIDIMonster323

Software Owned:
Win 8.1
Sonar X3
GCOMB2
GWI
GJABB3
GCPO
GIO
GPO4
CCSB

Re: Aria Multi vs Aria in Sonar X3

Postby Michael.B » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:44 am

Hello Glenn,

The first thing to check is that the 'ARIA Player Multi VST_x64.dll' is actually in your Sonar VST folder. My guess is that it's not and this can easily be resolved

To check this go to your Sonar VST folder; the default path is:

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins

If the 'ARIA Player Multi VST_x64.dll' is not there, you can copy and paste it from the Garritan Aria Player folder; the default path is:

C:\Program Files\Garritan\ARIA Player\VST

When you have added this file, you will then need for Sonar to rescan for plugins which your Sonar install might do automatically on opening Sonar. If it doesn't scan automatically then, with sonar open, go to:

'Utilities - Cakewalk Plugin' Manager then select 'Scan VST Plugins' near the bottom of the window.

Now, when you insert a softsynth in a Sonar score ('Insert - Sotsynth - VST'2) you should have the option to insert 'Aria Player Multi'.

Please let us know if this has worked for you.

Good luck.

Michael

Michael.B

Postby MIDIMonster323 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:26 am

Michael,

This worked!!!! Thank you so much!

Glenn

Glenn

"Music will speak when our words fail us...."
Win 8.1 / Sonar Producer X3e
GCOMB2 /GWI /GJABB3 /GCPO /GIO /GPO4
CCSB
LPX
MIDIMonster323

Software Owned:
Win 8.1
Sonar X3
GCOMB2
GWI
GJABB3
GCPO
GIO
GPO4
CCSB

Postby Michael.B » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:21 am

Hello Glenn,

I'm really pleased that worked and we've resolved the Aria Multi there.

Hope you enjoy working with your Garritan libraries.

Best wishes,

Michael

Michael.B

Postby Sarah » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:04 pm

Hi everybody and thanks for providing support to forum members!
I have installed Instant Orchestra and the Aria players (version 1.62) on my 64 bit Windows 7 system. I am able to use Aria in Sonar X3 Producer, but only two audio outputs are available from the Aria Multi player. As a test I opened my old Sonar X1 Studio and scanned the new VSTs; it found them and was able to load the Multi and created tracks for the 16 pairs of stereo outputs. In the GUI for Aria Multi I can see all outputs available.
I saved this as a template and opened it in X3; the tracks all appear and the Multi loads but only outputs 1/2 are available.
I have seen this issue reported in other places, including this thread in which the issue was solved for the other users but not for me:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/AnsweredX3-no ... 01394.aspx
Many thanks for any assistance that you can provide!
:-) Sarah Spisak
www.MetalRiffs.com

Sarah