MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

JABB AU Does not show up in Logic X

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

JABB AU Does not show up in Logic X

Postby PB+J » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:00 am

This is irritating--I spent a very good part of my morning trying to get JABB to show up as an AU plugin. I've reinstalled it several times. I can get the standalone aria player, but hav eno idea how to use it with Logic.

Is there some explanation for why it's not showing up as an AU? Logic pro X, OSX mavericks

PB+J

Re: JABB AU Does not show up in Logic X

Postby rbowser » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:24 am

PB+J wrote:This is irritating--I spent a very good part of my morning trying to get JABB to show up as an AU plugin. I've reinstalled it several times. I can get the standalone aria player, but hav eno idea how to use it with Logic.

Is there some explanation for why it's not showing up as an AU? Logic pro X, OSX mavericks

Hi "PB+J" - When you first installed JABB, I hope you checked the option to have the AU version installed. You probably did that, but it's square one.

Have you ever tried to use third party plug-ins in Logic? It would be the same process for all of them. Here's a page from Logic's manual talking about using the Audio Units Manager:

Logic Pro Using Plug-ins from Other Manufacturers

And here's a recent thread about the same problem, also posted here in the Troubleshooting Forum:

LogicPro thread

There are other links in my reply there. The main issue is that like any recording program, Logic has to know where to look for plug-ins, and it needs to re-scan the plug-in folder before recognizing newly added plug-ins and making them available.

Hope there's something in this reply that helps!

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Postby MJH01 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:23 am

Hi, I'm having the same problem with newly purchased Logic X not recognising or finding JABB 3. I'm using OS 10.11.5 and Aria 1.872. JABB3 and the Aria player is being installed in the Applications folder; there is no request to choose AU so presuming that's automatic. Any thoughts?

MJH01

Postby drb » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:42 pm

After installing the following:
Garritan_Personal_Orchestra_4.02_MAC
MAC_ARIA_1.9.0.2_Update
MAC_ARIA_Player_v1.872
I had the same problem. After talking / emailing with MakeMusic support, they suggested that I do the following:
Delete "/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/ARIA Player AU. component" (which is the plugin)
Re-install Garritan_Personal_Orchestra_4.02_MAC
Re-install MAC_ARIA_Player_v1.872

This worked for me.
There is still a problem with the Preferences dialog not working in stand-alone mode. But I am mostly interested in plug-in mode which now works for me.

Hope this helps

drb