MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Are there any start-demo files for LogicPro somewhere?

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Are there any start-demo files for LogicPro somewhere?

Postby Golda » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:12 am

Sorry, my english is not so good.

I Just installed garritan personal orchestra 4 and opend some sounds in LogicPro. It is good to know, that you CAN make your very own orchestra set, but... I'm looking for a quick-start demo file with a common orchester set-up to check out the first steps (always looking at the masters way how to do things).

Ok, I'm able to read manuals and to create my own set up, but... is ist very slow to hear through all the hundred of sounds. And I'm not shure, that I'm on the rigth path: have I to plug in 10 Aria players as 10 Instruments in logic (probably) or is there an other way of thinking about ist?

It would help a lot to get a simply DEMO-Song for logic how to employ (?) garritan right.

Any ideas how to get this? Perhaps I only overlooked it, in this case: a big sorry!

In Finale, a very new programm for me.... it helped a lot to open a templet like "string-quartet" - and magic - it found the garritan-sounds somehow. But I'm not very comfortable with Finale..... the thinking of creating music is very special for me. But - perhaps ist is somehow "better". I will see one day.

Thnks Golda (very new here with no signature...)

Golda

Re: Are there any start-demo files for LogicPro somewhere?

Postby rbowser » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:53 am

Golda wrote:...I'm looking for a quick-start demo file with a common orchester set-up to check out the first steps...
...have I to plug in 10 Aria players as 10 Instruments in logic...
...It would help a lot to get a simply DEMO-Song for logic...

Hello, Golda - Welcome to the Forum.

Starting to use a new program and sorting out how things work can indeed take time and patience. Logic is being used more nowadays, so there are resources to be found online by searching. But I'm not aware of a demo file of the sort you're asking for.

I don't use Logic, but there's one thing I can reply to - Each instance of ARIA can hold up to 16 instruments. You don't need 10 ARIAs for 10 instruments - you only need one, and you would still have 6 slots left empty!

However, below are some links about Logic that could be helpful.

Here's an interview with a young composer who use Garritan instruments and Logic. You can hear the music he's composing, and even though he doesn't talk specifically about how he uses Logic, at the bottom of the page people are invited to ask him questions. After you really know the kind of questions you want to ask, that would be a good place to ask them:

Composer Spotlight - Adam Weiss

On the original Garritan Forum, there is this conversation thread and a template to download. Take a look at what is said there, it may still apply to newer versions of Logic.

Orchestra GPO4 template in Logic

It's also always good to seek out the user Forum for any software you have. So I highly recommend you register and get involved at the Logic Forum.

LogicProHelp

In closing, I'll point out the obvious that you need to be sure and thoroughly read and re-read the information in Logic's manual about using software instruments. All soft synths are handled in the same way by recording programs, so I'm sure that what you read there will apply to using ARIA and Garritan instruments.

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626