MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Custom scala scales not working

For solving technical issues involving installation, operation, bug reports and troubleshooting

Re: Custom scala scales not working

Postby ascomposer » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:31 am

rbowser wrote:ascomposer, I still have no experience working with importing scala files, but may have the answer to your question.

On this thread, Eric W. Barndollar initially had trouble with his custom scales, but fixed the problem when he discovered ARIA requires ANSI files. You're asking how to save your files in ANSI also. -- I think I have the re-cap of this topic correct.

Microsoft's Notepad, a text application that comes with Windows, uses ANSI code by default. I think that if you paste your file into Notepad and save it, that you should then be able to import that copy. Worth a try at least. What I do know is that you don't need to tinker around to get an ANSI file with Notepad, since that's its default.

RB

Hi,

Thanks loads for the quick reply. I am working on a Mac. I tried doing the same with Text Edit. ANSI coding is not on the list. I tried Western (Windows Latin 1) or Western (DOS Latin 1) and a couple of others but neither fixed the problem. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks again,

As

ascomposer

Re: Custom scala scales not working

Postby rbowser » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:28 am

A Google Search came up with this Mac app:

Notepad - Simple TXT Editor, which a user there says is "Definitely better than TextEdit."

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/notepad ... 3712?mt=12

I'm not positive it will save as ANSI, but could be worth a try. There were other Google results too with the terms "ANSI text files on Mac."

RB

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626