MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Garritan Personal Orchestra 5 Indtall

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

Garritan Personal Orchestra 5 Indtall

Postby Tané » Thu May 19, 2016 7:36 am

I just purchased PO 5 and I was unsure whether I remove PO 4 and the Aria Player first or do I just install 5 over the top of the previous installation?
Thanks in advance

Tané

Re: Garritan Personal Orchestra 5 Indtall

Postby SysExJohn » Thu May 19, 2016 8:42 am

When you install GPO5, the best bet, if you're installing the samples on the same drive as the program (i.e. C:\Program Files\Garritan\) is to let the installation program create the directories for you.
It'll create a new directory in C:\Program Files\Garritan\ called "Personal Orchestra 5".

As the GPO4 instruments are included within GPO5, if you wish you can then uninstall GPO4.

Author of http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/ MIDI tutorials.
SysExJohn

Software Owned:
Sonar 7 PE, Finale 2012c, GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, World, CPO, Harps, Steinway Basic + GPO5.

Postby Norman Borge » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:53 pm

At installation, where is the "data" file located (on a Mac) to install the appropriate GPO5 file?

Norman Borge

Postby SysExJohn » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:16 am

Norman Borge wrote:At installation, where is the "data" file located (on a Mac) to install the appropriate GPO5 file?

Hi Norman,

Owning a PC and not a Mac, I can't answer your question directly with any confidence.

However, on a PC the files are normally installed within a directory (folder?) called Program Files so, I'm guessing, on the Mac it would be wherever programs are normally installed.

Everything, and that's quite a few directories, is installed within a sub-directory named "Garritan".
Within that there will usually be a further sub-directory for the ARIA program files, that's the sample player, and yet another for GPO5 called "Personal Orchestra 5".
Within that directory will be a number of further sub-directories, some for the SFZ code (Instruments), some for the XML code that defines the GUI for the ARIA player (GUI and Banks), and lastly one called "Samples". It's this last one that is the biggest as it contains all the sample data.
It is this last one that one gets the option, at install time, to place on a separate samples disc.
The rest of the data is trivial in size by comparison, and should stay next to the program data.

My understanding is that the Mac directory layout is very similar.
Any help?
John.
Any help?

Author of http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/ MIDI tutorials.
SysExJohn

Software Owned:
Sonar 7 PE, Finale 2012c, GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, World, CPO, Harps, Steinway Basic + GPO5.