MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Install GPO sounds in Garageband 10.0.3???

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

Install GPO sounds in Garageband 10.0.3???

Postby chueh » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:22 am

I am using Garageband 10.0.3, which does not have Edit or Browse tabs right below Instrument Track for Library like earlier version. All the youtube videos and article/blogs about installing another program's instrument sounds into Garageband are all outdated (I tried and downloaded "GOP for Garageband" provided by Garritan blog and several articles on how to bring GOP sounds into Garageband by Garritan written years ago) . The paths are so different in 10.0.3. Nothing in the tutorials or videos shown works in 10.0.3. By reading posts and questions/answers about similar issue, I found out that VST plugins for instrument sounds are mainly used in Windows, which I successfully could integrated any Windows based DAW together by placing the .dll files into the host's plugin folder. However, I could not do that in Mac. If I am not mistaken from the posts I read, AU is what Mac mainly uses. Even if I want a vst plugin instrument sound, I should install AU but not VST. OK, so I did drag the Aria Player's AU.component found under Audio/Plugin/Component from Aria Player into Garageband's instrument library/Sampler Files, Audio/Sounds, and Instrument Library/Sampler. However, none of them worked. I clicked on Garageband's Editor/Plug-in/Instrument, the plugin from the other program was never shown.

Please anyone teach me how to install another program's plug-in, so I can use the GOP sounds in Garageband. In Windows, the Aria Player's work station (the orange brownish looking 16-track with mixer) would show up on any host screen I installed, and I have seen some youtube videos about bringing in GOP's workstation onto Garageband's screen in earlier version of Garageband. Please show me how I can do the same with 10.0.3.

I have tried so hard searching for tutorials and answers, yet no luck yet. Thanks you in advance for helping me

chueh

Re: Install GPO sounds in Garageband 10.0.3???

Postby Credo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:22 am

Not sure if this is helpful, but it showed up in the blogs:
http://www.garritan.com/blog/garritan-in-garageband/

Credo

Software Owned:
Cubase 8.5; Sibelius 7.5; Finale 2014.5; Bidule;
Garritan Ultimate Collection, Halion 5, Halion Symphonic Orchestra, SONiVOX Film and Orchestra Companion

Re: Install GPO sounds in Garageband 10.0.3???

Postby chueh » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi, Credo, thank you for replying. Yes, I did try this blog before (I've probably checked out ALL the articles/blogs/tutorials/videos related to the subject) :-)

I was very disappointed that I couldn't get this problem solved with the newest updates for both software for a month, yet finally I called Garritan. Although I downloaded the latest version of GPO, yet the Aria Player in the newest version isn't the newest. Thus, the tech in Garritan told me to just downloaded the latest version of Aria Player. It all worked now.

I re-installed many times of the latest version of GPO, thinking that it might not be downloaded or installed correctly. Who knew that the latest version does not contain the latest Aria Player. Anyhow, I am glad it works now.

Thanks

chueh