MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Use VST instruments in GarageBand

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

Use VST instruments in GarageBand

Postby chueh » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:37 pm

I read different articles and blogs about getting Aria Player instrument sounds in Garageband, and I tried following the instructions. The problem is that I don't have the exact content in folders under Garageband to place "GPO for Garageband," because the blog was written in 2013, or I don't have Edit tab in my garageband 10, so I cannot add GPO instruments. Anyhow, all the blogs and articles I read with the instructions are out of date. I would like to learn how to install GPO Aria Player sounds in Garageband 10. Please advise. Thanks

chueh

Re: Use VST instruments in GarageBand

Postby Credo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:54 pm

I could be wrong as I'm several years behind on Apple stuff, but I'm thinking that Garage Band is more geared to dealing with complete audio loops and tracks, and doesn't offer much in the line of MIDI support.

To get into heavy duty MIDI controlled tracking you'll probably want to upgrade to Logic (Express or Pro), or a similar full function DAW.

Credo

Software Owned:
Cubase 8.5; Sibelius 7.5; Finale 2014.5; Bidule;
Garritan Ultimate Collection, Halion 5, Halion Symphonic Orchestra, SONiVOX Film and Orchestra Companion

Postby chueh » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Yep, you are right about Garageband; it's more gear towards loops. I kind of give up on it, because nothing I have tried is working.

chueh

Postby Credo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:20 am

Not sure if this is helpful, but it showed up on the blog:
http://www.garritan.com/blog/garritan-in-garageband/

Credo

Software Owned:
Cubase 8.5; Sibelius 7.5; Finale 2014.5; Bidule;
Garritan Ultimate Collection, Halion 5, Halion Symphonic Orchestra, SONiVOX Film and Orchestra Companion