MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Bouncing Midi Tracks to Audio via the Aria Player

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

Bouncing Midi Tracks to Audio via the Aria Player

Postby Mark O'Connor » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:48 am

Hi there. I'm a relative newbie at DAWs. So here's my question. I've got a template set up using the Aria Player as an insert on an aux channel in Pro Tools. So once I've got my 16 midi tracks all put down and ready to mix, I want to render them individually as audio for more options re mixing and inserts. I've done this before with instrument channels bused to the input of the audio channel I want to record on but I notice this isn't possible with midi tracks routed into the Aria Player. Any insights into how I can do this?

Thanks.

Mark O'Connor

Re: Bouncing Midi Tracks to Audio via the Aria Player

Postby Derrek » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:07 pm

I know nothing about Pro Tools, but if I wanted to do what you describe in SONAR, I would make sure to use the "Multi" Aria VST so I could route each MIDI instrument assignment to a different channel.

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7

Postby Mark O'Connor » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:35 pm

Hi Derrek. Thanks for the the reply. I've discovered that i need to solo the instrument aux channel (bussed to the audio channel's input) as well as solo the respective midi channel in order to render it to audio. Perhaps there's a more efficient way but that's the best I can see for now!

Mark O'Connor

Postby Credo » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:01 pm

Mark O'Connor wrote:Hi Derrek. Thanks for the the reply. I've discovered that i need to solo the instrument aux channel (bussed to the audio channel's input) as well as solo the respective midi channel in order to render it to audio. Perhaps there's a more efficient way but that's the best I can see for now!

I'm assuming you want each instrument isolated on its own audio track?

CuBase Here and I have a few choices.
1. Take it one stereo track at a time in multiple real time passes as you've described above.

2. Very similar to above, but you'd use the multi-output version and assign each Aria instrument (or family of instruments) to its own audio output stream, and set up individual audio inputs in your DAW to record several tracks in a real time pass. Don't forget if you do something like this, the Aria Effect sends will always be mixed, and come through outputs 1 & 2. So, if you need to isolate the FX sends from Aria, that'll be on outputs 1 & 2...always. You'd simply assign your dry instruments to other outputs besides 1 & 2 if you need the effects isolated...the effect sends from ALL of the Aria instruments will be 'mixed' and sent out over outputs 1 & 2.

3. CuBase 8 Pro has something new for this particular DAW called instant track rendering. It seems to work just fine with Aria based instruments here. I'm not sure if your DAW has such a feature but it's worth scanning the manual to find out. In this case, I can just select a track that sends to a soft-synth track, and instantly render it, with options as to how route the signal for optional digital processing. It doesn't work instantly (some require a real time pass) for EVERY soft synth and processing VST combo I have in my collection, but for most it just instantly renders in a few seconds what I used to have sit here and bounce for several minutes each pass in real time. Love it!

Credo

Software Owned:
Cubase 8.5; Sibelius 7.5; Finale 2014.5; Bidule;
Garritan Ultimate Collection, Halion 5, Halion Symphonic Orchestra, SONiVOX Film and Orchestra Companion