MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Garritan Classic Pipe Organs, Latency, Note Delay

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

Garritan Classic Pipe Organs, Latency, Note Delay

Postby Jimstudio » Wed May 06, 2015 2:17 pm

Hi:
New user here. A few days ago I purchased Garritan Classic Pipe Organs. Very happy with the selection and quality of sound samples. I confess that I have artificially extended a number of the samples for improved bass -- much more realistic. The problem I'm running into is latency (delayed response when hitting a note). Of course I realize that this if often a part of playing a 'real' pipe organ, but since I'm playing from a digital piano, I'd prefer to minimize it. Anyone have any thoughts on how to get a crisper attack? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Jimstudio

Software Owned:
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs

Re: Garritan Classic Pipe Organs, Latency, Note Delay

Postby Credo » Fri May 29, 2015 11:51 pm

Try lowering the ASIO buffer size. If you're working with a DAW, then you'll have to control it from there. If you're just using Aria as a stand alone, then you can adjust the buffer size in the tools/preferences menu.

Too large of a buffer can lead to higher latency. Too small of a buffer can lead to clicks and glitches in the sound. If you're running a buffer size of 512k or smaller and still getting latency issues, consider upgrading your audio card. Go for something that come comes with true ASIO drivers, that is designed for low-latency DAW applications.

Credo

Software Owned:
Cubase 8.5; Sibelius 7.5; Finale 2014.5; Bidule;
Garritan Ultimate Collection, Halion 5, Halion Symphonic Orchestra, SONiVOX Film and Orchestra Companion