MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Hand claps- Garritan and Finale

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

Hand claps- Garritan and Finale

Postby KMFrye » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Here's a bit of a challenge. I am trying to loop in a series of layered handclaps in time to the music I am arranging. Essentially, I want it to convey the sound of the audience clapping along to the song in question (the Overture to "Carmen"). JABB has handclaps (exactly one; I can work with that once it hits the DAW), but I have yet to figure out how to insert the handclap into a new staff. When I select it in Score Manager, the handclap simply doesn't show on the staff that SM puts into the score.

Any thoughts?

KM Frye
BVStudios
Composer, Arranger, Performer
Living on the Wild, West Coast.
current work- "Culloden:1746", an oratorio, using
Finale 2014.5
GPO 4
JABB3
World
REAPER DAW
KMFrye

Software Owned:
PM since 2001, Finale 2014.5,
Garritan Personal Orchestra IV
Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3
Reaper DAW

Wrong Post

Postby Michael.B » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:57 am

Wrong Post

Last edited by Michael.B on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael.B

Re: Hand claps- Garritan and Finale

Postby Michael.B » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:02 am

Hello Kevin,

I don't use the Finale Maps for my percussion so I'm not sure if this will be of any help to those who prefer to use this method.

I gave up trying to work with Finale's 'Drum Maps' many moons ago. I use standard staves, clefs and key signatures and input the actual notes corresponding to the instrument.

Working this way I have absolutely no problems at all and always have the exact sound I want every time with ease. I have none of the frustrations reported by Finale users over the years. I'm sure there are people who manage with the 'Finale Maps' although they have never worked for me.

With my method I was able to achieve the 'Hand Claps' without any problems at all. Here's an example with screenshot and corresponding .wav file.

Hand Clap Finale Using Standard Clef.

WAV File For The Above Screenshot
Hand Clap WAV File From Finale

I haven't even tried to achieve this using Finale's Drum Maps and I'm sure it's there somewhere.

I hope this is of some help.

Michael

Michael.B