MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Aria Engine Update Windows 1.719

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

Re: Aria Engine Update Windows 1.719

Postby Praqzis » Mon May 12, 2014 3:34 am

That is awesome Daniel! I'm going to HAVE to try this update tomorrow. I'm just bought the GPO upgrade today and am routinely having the audio freeze issue. I have a fairly simple thing using the full string section KS and it freezes the audio every time on first playback for me. I cent even render to a file without it happening :cry: . Hopefully this works! It will be awesome using the 64-bit version too as I'm also an FL Studio user :D .

Praqzis

Postby Praqzis » Mon May 12, 2014 3:38 am

kingfreeze wrote:the aria player upload page says

"- ARIA PLAYER users should first look at updating their full ARIA PLAYER before running any ARIA ENGINE update.
- An ARIA Player package also contains the ARIA Engine.
- Since version 1.111, the ARIA Player version always match the version of the ARIA Engine packaged with it.
- If the version of the Engine provided with the ARIA Player is older than the Engine offered below, users can update their Engine. Otherwise, running the update below is not recommended."

so, this update would mean the aria player, and the aria engine, would not match, therefore as it says, "is not recommended. Whaddya think, Art ?

I think the key is the last point. Essentially, you shouldn't overwrite the engine if your player is using a newer version than this one. (one of the classic "DLL hell" problems in software on Windows)

Praqzis

Postby Jim Ortner » Mon May 12, 2014 4:54 pm

Yes, Plogue does rhyme with vogue.

Jim

Jim Ortner

Postby kingfreeze » Tue May 13, 2014 8:11 pm

downloaded windows 1.1719 and have had no problems.

Everywhere you go...there you are !
https://soundcloud.com/steve-wisnoski
kingfreeze

Software Owned:
Finale 2011 print music
Garritan personal orchestra 5
World instruments
Reaper DAW

Postby Rich936 » Thu May 15, 2014 11:27 am

I have looked through this thread and wondered if I should update. I have not seen any comment on the use of the AKAI EWI USB with this new Aria Engine Update. Should I be worried if I update to this?

Rich

Rich936

Previous