MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

GPO4 & Program Change Messages

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

Re: GPO4 & Program Change Messages

Postby Derrek » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:28 am

After your earlier post, Randy, I looked up OrchEXTRA/Sinfonia to see if it could help me with my own compositions in readings and amateur performances. Alas, they only work with Music Theater International and the Rogers & Hammerstein Group. So if anyone can suggest additional programs that would provide such tempo and vamping control over performances, I would be grateful.

Currently I am working through QLab, which does not allow real-time tempo control but does allow vamping and such using prerecorded audio files which I produce with Finale and Sonar using primarily GPO, JABB, and GWI.

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7

Re: GPO4 & Program Change Messages

Postby rbowser » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:51 am

Derrek wrote:After your earlier post, Randy, I looked up OrchEXTRA/Sinfonia to see if it could help me with my own compositions in readings and amateur performances. Alas, they only work with Music Theater International and the Rogers & Hammerstein Group. So if anyone can suggest additional programs that would provide such tempo and vamping control over performances, I would be grateful...

That's right, Derrek - OrchEXTRA from Sinfonia is a closed system. You can only load the pieces the publishers control the rights to. You also can't use 3rd party sounds like Garritan - It's a totally closed system with their sounds, their MIDI files, their playback controls.

Looking online, I see there are a number of programs designed to give the user more control over tempo while recording, but that's not what you need.

Here's one to look at. Take a look at their site - It sounds like their program provides exactly what you want, which is tempo control in a live performance. They offer a 30 day free trial. It took awhile for me to dig up the price for the full program, since they don't even tell you that on the Buy page. But I found it - $400. - So - if that fits your studio budget, you may need to check this out:

ADIG Human Synchronizer

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned: