MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Just Saying Hello!

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

Just Saying Hello!

Postby sica203 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is Adriano and I'm new on this block (Garritan) but, not new to music.
I am now finishing up with the studio construction and in the mean time buying gear and VIs.
Piano has been my primary instrument since I was 6. Now, I'm 46 and getting tired of carrying equipment in and out so, I got into composing short films, documentary, trailers and such.
I like the professionalism and code of conduct in this forum and I hope it stays that way.

GPO and GIO is up for purchase next week and get a feel for it on the iMac that I'm using right now.
The gear for the new studio will be:
Mac Pro 3.0GHz 8-core, 64 GB of RAM with 27 inch monitor (on it's way by March)
Audio interface MOTU 828 MK3, MOTU Microlite midi interface, Roland A88-88 keys, Roland A800 Pro 61 keys, all are here and still packed. :)
Main DAW: Digital Performer 8.05.

That's it for now,
Adriano

Temp setup, new studio in progress:
iMac 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, 32 GB of ram
Digital Performer 8.5
4X2TB External HD
sica203

Re: Just Saying Hello!

Postby kingfreeze » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:04 pm

hello Adriano, and welcome to the forum. sounds like a plan. when you get your libraries in here is where I found answers to many questions configuring, and composing with garritan libraries . people have been very helpful. check out michael b's memo tutorials using garritan , also finale softwares.

Everywhere you go...there you are !
https://soundcloud.com/steve-wisnoski
kingfreeze

Software Owned:
Finale 2011 print music
Garritan personal orchestra 5
World instruments
Reaper DAW

Postby rbowser » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:25 am

Exciting times, Adriano, with your studio being whipped in shape. It's a really good plan, to get both GPO and IO - I think you're going to have a blast. Welcome to the Forum - Hope you get involved here as you start using the instruments!

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Postby Michael.B » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:03 am

Hello Adriano and a warm welcome to our forums.

It sounds like some setup you have there still in their boxes. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your studio when they're all unpacked and connected.

I'm sure you're going to have a good time here amongst us. :)

With best wishes,

Michael

Michael.B

Postby sica203 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:58 pm

kingfreeze wrote:hello Adriano, and welcome to the forum. sounds like a plan. when you get your libraries in here is where I found answers to many questions configuring, and composing with garritan libraries . people have been very helpful. check out michael b's memo tutorials using garritan , also finale softwares.

Thank You, kingfreeze. Yes, I've been watching the forum for a week now and you all seem to be a good bunch. I'll look for Michael's memo tutorials. Thank you for that too. :)

rbowser wrote:Exciting times, Adriano, with your studio being whipped in shape. It's a really good plan, to get both GPO and IO - I think you're going to have a blast. Welcome to the Forum - Hope you get involved here as you start using the instruments!

Thank you browser. After years of being a live musician and planning on retiring from the travel bit, I figured since, I'm getting into film scoring, I need the studio to be done right. So, while this is going on, on downtime start to look for things I need because one thing I hate is last minute shopping and still come up short at the end. Thank you for the welcome and you'll definitely see me on the forum once I get started. :)

P.S.
I came across GIO first, while googling and was taken to YouTube, there is where I saw you name. You did a great job on the "Blast Off with Instant Orchestra" tutorials.

Michael.B wrote:Hello Adriano and a warm welcome to our forums.

It sounds like some setup you have there still in their boxes. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your studio when they're all unpacked and connected.

I'm sure you're going to have a good time here amongst us. :)

With best wishes,

Michael

Hello Michael and a thank you to you also for the warm welcome.
Definitely a big setup. The computer is where most of the expenses went. My thought was; I rather wait another month and get the latest system than, buying something already off the market. This way, I'll be set for a few years and not have to worry about anything. Thunderbolt connections is what I was aiming for. No more bottlenecks with 7200 rpm HDs, all are SSD drives from here on out. Video streaming from one HD, sound libraries will be split among 2 maybe 3 HDs and 2 extra HDs for backup purposes. Still considering buying a second monitor, but than, I'm thinking of running the movie to an actual 55 or 60 inch HDTV. An Apple monitor still costs $999 and with the same money, I can buy an HDTV. I don't know. Debating still. Or maybe, both? :lol: :lol:

It's always fun participating on forums and I really think I'm going to like it here. I like the fact that it's being kept clean and professional.

I'll stay in touch,

Thank you, everyone.
Adriano

Temp setup, new studio in progress:
iMac 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, 32 GB of ram
Digital Performer 8.5
4X2TB External HD
sica203