MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

OK. Now what?

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

OK. Now what?

Postby sus4 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:26 am

Well, I find in most manuals they tell you exactly what the program can do and they tell you all the aspects of it, but what I find in some manuals, they don't tell you exactly how to do it. I think they assume you know or can figure it out by yourself.
Sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't. In JABB I don't get it and it's probably very easy, once you know it.
So, I guess I'll start to use JABB as a plug-in (I'm not sure what to choose, but I don't think I want stand-alone) in my notation program. So how do I,exactly, get my notation program play ARIA? That's my question.

Thanks,

Peter

sus4

Software Owned:
Sibelius 7, Logic Express 9, JABB3

Re: OK. Now what?

Postby rbowser » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:41 am

sus4 wrote:Well, I find in most manuals they tell you exactly what the program can do and they tell you all the aspects of it, but what I find in some manuals, they don't tell you exactly how to do it. I think they assume you know or can figure it out by yourself.
Sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't. In JABB I don't get it and it's probably very easy, once you know it.
So, I guess I'll start to use JABB as a plug-in (I'm not sure what to choose, but I don't think I want stand-alone) in my notation program. So how do I,exactly, get my notation program play ARIA? That's my question.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi, Peter - The manual and online info get very specific if you dig deep enough. Here's a page with info and links about setting up more instruments in your notation program:

Sound sets

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Postby Michael.B » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Hello Peter,

I offer this reply in the most friendly and supportive way I am able to here. :)

It's just that under our forum regulations we are not able to discuss competitors' products, which is entirely reasonable and understandable. Of course we can discuss JaBB as a standalone or within a DAW but you specifically need advice with your notation program.

Randy's link is about the best suggestion we can offer here for your notation program. Now, if you were asking about using JaBB in Finale then I and, no doubt, many others here would be able to help more specifically.

I am certain that there are very knowledgeable and experienced users of your notation program with JaBB. Seriously, for the very best support, have you tried the forums of your notation program. I am certain that this would be your best course of action for detailed support rather than here.

If you would interact in those forums I'm sure you'll soon be up and running and really enjoying your new JaBB. :)

Michael.B

Postby sus4 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:55 am

Michael,

I appreciate what you're saying and I understand. I'll check the other websites as you suggest.
Thanks to Randy and you for all your help. Maybe we'll hook up again. This is an excellent website.

Peter

sus4

Software Owned:

Postby Michael.B » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:09 pm

sus4 wrote:Michael,

I appreciate what you're saying and I understand. I'll check the other websites as you suggest.
Thanks to Randy and you for all your help. Maybe we'll hook up again. This is an excellent website.

Peter

Hello Peter,

I certainly hope we will meet up again; that would be great.

Thank you so much for your understanding; we appreciate that. :)

Michael.B

Postby sus4 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:52 pm

Michael,

One last question. I see your name on NorthernSounds. I've been trying to asks questions there. They allow me to join there website and that's it. They won't allow me to ask any questions or participate. To the best of my knowledge I've always been courteous and polite. Can you please tell me why? Is it possible they have a block on me?

Thanks,

Peter

sus4

Software Owned:

Postby Michael.B » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:01 am

sus4 wrote:Michael,

One last question. I see your name on NorthernSounds. I've been trying to asks questions there. They allow me to join there website and that's it. They won't allow me to ask any questions or participate. To the best of my knowledge I've always been courteous and polite. Can you please tell me why? Is it possible they have a block on me?

Thanks,

Peter

Hello Peter,

I'm sorry to read of the problems you're having with login at Northern Sounds.

The same thing happened to me a while back now and I couldn't get in to post. It was a few months before I actually managed to login. This has happened to a few other people; I believe I recall Randy mentioning that it happened to him.

None of us had done anything wrong and I would guess you probably haven't either it's just one of those things.

The only thing I can suggest is to try opening another account there or trying to login using another browser, or from a different computer or even using different internet provider if you can.

In my case, after a few months, I suddenly could login again .. very strange.

Good luck and I hope you manage to resolve it.

Michael.B

Postby sus4 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:32 pm

I've really been trying with this program. I've read an re-read the manual. I've been on the internet and YouTube and listened and watched many many video's on YouTube. I don't think I've experienced as much frustration with any other program as I have with this program. It reminds me of when I was using a PC. When I switched to Mac it was like a weight was lifted off my back. I've called Garritan and they refuse to help because I'm not using "their" programs and they're not familiar with mine and you know what they are. I'm totally amazed at how you guys are using this program. Maybe it just works better with "your" programs.
Sorry guys, I've tried and I'm a pretty patient person.

sus4

Software Owned:

Postby rbowser » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:30 pm

sus4 wrote:I've really been trying with this program...

Deja Vu time:

Sound sets

Go to the JABB link just a little ways down, right click - You'll save a Zip file. Unzip it, run it. That's what you need.

As for the rest, you know we can't talk you through the process here at this Forum. Have you gone to that program's Forum? Have you posted a question? It's a very active Forum with users willing to help out - in fact you can get amazingly fast responses there. Have you used the Search at that Forum for info on what you're looking for?

I think you only want to use JABB in your notation program. But I want to add that using JABB/ARIA, or any Garritan Library, or any soft synth is so intuitive and easy in DAW software. You just install the soft synth, have your program scan it to pick it up, insert in a project, load an instrument, and start using it. - Adding that just in case you also have a DAW program.

Otherwise - You really need to be availing yourself of your notation program's Forum for these questions. What do you expect us to do more than we already have?

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Postby sus4 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Well, you guys have done a lot and I do appreciate it. I downloaded the link of sound sets that you posted and I've decided to work in my DAW. You're right, it's easier and I can see the possibilities, but I'm still having a problem. The problem is I can't get all the instruments to playback together at the same time.
I did a test recording of just 4 bars. All the instruments are on separate midi channels and I changed the outputs 1/2, 3/4 etc for all the instruments. I even tried leaving them all on 1/2 output. I just recorded 2 saxes. I can play them back separately, but not together.
What do I need to do?

Well, there's another problem. I thought I fixed it. When I hit playback and stop it the mod wheel on ARIA shuts off and I have to push it back up to turn it on. I was having this problem before, but I read in the manual you had to have a separate track for the audio to come out of ARIA which I do. The track is just there and not doing anything.

Thanks

sus4

Software Owned:

Next