MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Removed

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

Removed

Postby Michael.B » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:12 pm

Removed

Last edited by Michael.B on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael.B

Re: Michael Memo 6 ~ Garritan Instruments Finale Score Setup

Postby JOEANDTHEREVOLUTION » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:57 pm

Hello Michael.B,

Thanks for this post, it is fantastic! I always wondered why in Finale 2012 that one could not add the specific Garritan sound from the setup wizard. I have become used to the scoremanager, and have found it very handy, however it would be cool to still be able to set the Garritan sound from the setup wizard instead of having to go to the scoremanager every time! Oh well, its not the end of the world! anyway, your posts are great and very helpful. Keep em coming.

Also, I am finding some AWESOME sounds using GWI in Fruity Loops studio! adding reverb and delay to the Hawaaiian Nose flute sounds SO COOL!!! I will hopefully post some sweet sounds in the media room in the near future.

JOEANDTHEREVOLUTION

Software Owned:
The following Garritan Sound Libraries:
Classic Pipe Organs
Concert and Marching Band 2
Harps
Instant Orchestra
Jazz and Big Band 3
Personal Orchestra 4
World Instruments

Notation Software:
Finale 2012
Finale 2014

DAW:
Fruity Loops Studio 11

Postby Michael.B » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:32 am

Last edited by Michael.B on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael.B

Postby Rich936 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:23 am

This did the Trick. I would imagine you could save a score setup as a template and then the next time you wanted the same instrumentation you could call up that template. Am I right?

Thanks for all your hard work in setting up this excellent tutorial. Thumbs UP!!!

RichR

Rich936

Postby Michael.B » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:40 pm

Last edited by Michael.B on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael.B

Postby kingfreeze » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:57 pm

Thanks Michael for this tutorial, done in your eminently comprehensible style. Reading this makes me feel pretty good for downloading 2011. Good luck !

Everywhere you go...there you are !
https://soundcloud.com/steve-wisnoski
kingfreeze

Software Owned:
Finale 2011 print music
Garritan personal orchestra 5
World instruments
Reaper DAW

Postby greyfox73 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:19 pm

Hey Michael!

Great posting you have here. Excellent job! Now, I'm going to share something that (I hope) will make life easier for you and others when creating a new piece of music in Finale.

I really disliked all the extra work MM made us do with the 2012/2014 version of Finale that you didn't have to do with the 2011 version. I was always frustrated with going through the Score Manager and changing each instrument from "Garritan Instruments for Finale" to "Aria Player," and then having to go back to ARIA player and loading each instrument individually. It was so much extra work. So I got this tip probably from the MM Finale forum for Windows (it's been a while but it's only place I can think I got it from) and I'm passing it onto you.

OK, first you need to download the following file:

https://app.box.com/s/ytih4ot26kkwhdutede2

This is a new SoundMap file. OK, next you need to locate the Finale 2012/2014 folder which is located in Program Files (x86). Then locate the Data folder in the Finale folder. It should look like this:

Data Folder.jpg
Data Folder.jpg (109.63 KB) Viewed 4018 times

Copy the file you downloaded into the Data folder.

Finally, when you go into Finale 2012/2014, check your Sound Priority Map and make sure Aria player is at the top. The next time you create a new piece of music you should be able to go to the Score Manager and find Aria Player is now picked instead of Garritan Instruments for Finale:

Score Manager.jpg
Score Manager.jpg (119.14 KB) Viewed 4018 times

You can even delete the SoundMap of Garritan Instruments for Finale (GIFF) if you wish as you won't be needing it anymore. I did on my desktop.

That's my contribution for the night. Good luck, Michael!

Gary A.
(serenitymusician at NorthernSounds)

greyfox73

Software Owned:
GPO4, JABB3, COMB2, World Instruments, Instant Orchestra, Garritan GoFriller Solo Cello, Garritan Orchestral Strings, Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin, Finale 2011, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer