MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Very impressed with Garritan instruments!

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

Very impressed with Garritan instruments!

Postby malcolmfhill » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:28 am

Hi all,  I just had to post on this board to say how impressed I am with the Garritan software. I have been composing and producing music for only five months, after a break of over fifteen years (!) and have found these instruments to be excellent for my home studio needs. Easy to add in to a song using the Aria player,I have been using Jabb3, GPO, Instant Orchestra and have just purchased the World collection. If you are looking for quality sounds (and who isn't!), then look no further (and no, I don't work for the company). If you want to hear what these can sound like I have posted some tracks that use Garritan on reverbnation.com
Best wishes, Malcolm F Hill

malcolmfhill

Re: Very impressed with Garritan instruments!

Postby Michael.B » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:52 am

Hello Malcolm and a warm welcome to our forums.

It's really good to read that you are enjoying your Garritan libraries. I've been using them for over 10 years now and I'm still impressed with how good they can be. As you say, the Aria Player is excellent and so easy to use.

I don't work for Gary either but we have to say it as it is. ;)

malcolmfhill wrote: If you want to hear what these can sound like I have posted some tracks that use Garritan on reverbnation.com

I would also mention our new Christmas 10th CD Album. A community effort using only Garritan libraries. I am fortunate enough to have one of my own tracks included. This is a professionally produced album and is a real example of just what can be done with Garritan libraries. I've provided a link below in case you haven't seen this .. and there are nine more of these. :D

Garritan Community Christmas Album Volume 10

Hope to see more of you in our forums.

Best wishes

Michael

Michael.B

Postby rbowser » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:43 am

malcolmfhill wrote:Hi all, I just had to post on this board to say how impressed I am with the Garritan software. I have been composing and producing music for only five months, after a break of over fifteen years (!) and have found these instruments to be excellent for my home studio needs. Easy to add in to a song using the Aria player,I have been using Jabb3, GPO, Instant Orchestra and have just purchased the World collection. If you are looking for quality sounds (and who isn't!), then look no further (and no, I don't work for the company). If you want to hear what these can sound like I have posted some tracks that use Garritan on reverbnation.com

I want to join in with Michael, welcoming you to MakeMusic's new Garritan Forum, Malcolm!

And what a great post to read early this morning as I begin my day. Your enthusiasm is infectious! It's just super to hear that a newcomer to Garritan is already having such a good time. Based on my own experience, I can guarantee that you're going to just keep having an engrossing time in your home studio composing music and hearing these instruments play it.

Like Michael, I've been using Garritan instruments for many years now, but every time I sit down to work on music, I'm inspired all over again to have such wonderful instruments to work with. It's a blessing, having all of this available on my computer, and on a daily basis, I'm grateful all over again.

I'm glad Michael posted the link to our recent Christmas album which features only Garritan instruments. When he says it's professionally produced, he means in the sense of dedication we all lent to our contributions, not in the sense that we were paid to do it. I think he's right, that the results on the album are of professional quality!

Thanks for pointing out where we can hear your music-BUT I hope you'll post music here on the Forum also. That's what the "Media" area is for. You can post links to music, or if the audio file is no larger than 5MBs, you can directly upload it. So - hope you do that.

Welcome!

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Postby malcolmfhill » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:48 am

Its so sad these days that people generally don't say thankyou for a good product or a job well done. So, thankyou for the Garritan sounds. The strings on this track called DREAMS are Garritan.

http://www.reverbnation.com/malcolmfhil ... 787-dreams

malcolmfhill

Postby Mackjohn » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:35 am

Hi Malcolm,
I just followed your link and listened to several of your songs (I'll listen to the others later). I am very impressed! You are clearly a very talented musician. Thanks for sharing!
John :D

Mackjohn

Software Owned:
Cakewalk Sonar Platinum
Sony SoundForge Pro 10
Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 and 5
Garritan Instant Orchestra