MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Is Garritan Personal Orchestra Worth It?

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

Re: Is Garritan Personal Orchestra Worth It?

Postby Ernest Buckley » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:00 am

Amazing Randy. Thanks for sharing the link. I didn`t read all of it yet but I heard the mp3. Really looking forward to composing/recording with GPO!

Ernest Buckley

Software Owned:
Finale 2014d.v5545, GPO 5, MOTU`s Digital Performer 8, Waves plug-ins, Native Instruments Komplete 9 Ultimate, Reason 7, Yamaha CP300, Apple Computers, Equator D5 monitors, ATH-M50 headphones

Postby Michael.B » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:41 pm

Ernest Buckley wrote:Hi Michael,

I purchased GPO, downloaded, and started to get acquainted with the sounds. I`m relieved to see so many options and as you mentioned in a previous post above, adding ambience does improve the sounds.

Reading that GPO worked as a plug in Digital Performer was a big reason in my purchase. I have not had the time yet (with New Years Eve/Day) to tinker with it yet but I would imagine you operate GPO in Sonar the same way… could you please expand a bit in how you use GPO in Sonar?

Any other suggestions to help me get moving would be appreciated.

Hello Ernest,

Randy's tutorial is excellent and, as he said, the principles of GPO in a DAW are the same as he described.

It's really interesting that you have Digital Performer. Many of us have heard and seen so much of this in the NS forums through DP Dan. He really is the Digital Performer guru and was the magic behind mastering our Christmas CDs. I hope he joins us here.

From what we have heard DP is a first class DAW which has just found its way onto the Windows platform.

Good luck with your GPO and DP; you have chosen well. :)

Michael.B

Postby Ernest Buckley » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:54 pm

Hi Michael,

I`ve been a DP user since 2001. Before that I was using a PC. No turning back after you MAC as they say…. I`ve done numerous projects in DP, varying from all instrumental to full band, classical, etc… Digital Performer is currently at Version 8 and it gets better and better. Its actually incredible what you can do with it. So I`m excited to start using GPO w/in DP!

Peace,
EB

Ernest Buckley

Software Owned:
Finale 2014d.v5545, GPO 5, MOTU`s Digital Performer 8, Waves plug-ins, Native Instruments Komplete 9 Ultimate, Reason 7, Yamaha CP300, Apple Computers, Equator D5 monitors, ATH-M50 headphones

Previous