MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

using multiple garritan libraries within finale 2011 print m

Get tips and ideas on how to get the most out of Garritan libraries

using multiple garritan libraries within finale 2011 print m

Postby kingfreeze » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:39 pm

I am using gpo 4 with finale 2011. if I were to add another garritan library , could I combine the 2 different libraries on the same score ? so if I wanted to use some world samples on a file that has primarily gpo 4 then it would be an easy and normal thing to do ? thanks.

Everywhere you go...there you are !
https://soundcloud.com/steve-wisnoski
kingfreeze

Software Owned:
Finale 2011 print music
Garritan personal orchestra 5
World instruments
Reaper DAW

Re: using multiple garritan libraries within finale 2011 pri

Postby JOEANDTHEREVOLUTION » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Hello Kingfreeze. It is pretty easy to set up sounds from different Garritan libraries for different instruments in your score. I do not work with Printmusic, however I will include the steps that I have used in Finale 2011, which would be very similar to what you would see in Printmusic 2011:

First you will need to make sure ( and make note of ) which channel numbers are assigned to each instrument in your score. You can do this by viewing the instrument list - WINDOW>INSTRUMENT LIST

Instrument list.JPG
Instrument list.JPG (39.26 KB) Viewed 2090 times

Next you will need to assign the sound samples from whichever Garritan library that you own.
To do this you will need to first make sure that you have your score set up to play through VST instead of MIDI:

MIDI>PLAY FINALE THROUGH VST.

Next you will need to open the Aria Player so that you can select the desired sounds :

MIDI>INSTRUMENT SETUP>VST INSTRUMENT SETUP.

You will need to have the Aria player loaded in the first bank. Once loaded, press the strange pencil icon to open the Aria player in Printmusic

VST Setup.JPG
VST Setup.JPG (57.29 KB) Viewed 2090 times

Once you are in the Aria Player, all you need to do to load the instrument is click on the bank that holds the channel number ( number in the bottom right corner ) that corresponds with the channel number back in your instrument list. Once you click on the bank, ( will have to click on the instrument name if one is already loaded, or click on 'EMPTY' if there has not been a sound assigned yet ) you will be able to choose whichever sound sample from whichever Garritan library that you have installed!

Choosing instruments.JPG
Choosing instruments.JPG (106.76 KB) Viewed 2090 times

I hope this helps explain things for you!

JOEANDTHEREVOLUTION

Software Owned:
The following Garritan Sound Libraries:
Classic Pipe Organs
Concert and Marching Band 2
Harps
Instant Orchestra
Jazz and Big Band 3
Personal Orchestra 4
World Instruments

Notation Software:
Finale 2012
Finale 2014

DAW:
Fruity Loops Studio 11

Postby kingfreeze » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:35 pm

thanks joe, the last graphic on the page explained the process to me. I will revisit your post again as I need to, best of luck.

kingfreeze

Software Owned:
Finale 2011 print music
World instruments
Reaper DAW

Postby kingfreeze » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:25 am

thanks again, Joe. your excellent tutorial above I am sure will benefit many who have the same question I did. I did download world instruments , and it works exactly as outlined above. I know this may seem elemental to garritan pros, but learning finale plus gpo4 is quite a learning curve, and understanding the concept of "libraries ", is a major step to many new garritan users. Now that I have added a new library I will have more options.

kingfreeze

Software Owned:
Finale 2011 print music
World instruments
Reaper DAW