MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Christmas CD Register Interest Without Committing Yourself

Christmas CD Register Interest Without Committing Yourself

Postby Michael.B » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:39 am

Hello Everyone,

I see that our new Christmas CD project has over 110 views but we have just 8 songs nominated. I feel that the interest is definitely there but, maybe, some folk are unsure or else hovering for some reason. :?

Our annual Garritan Community Christmas CD is so unique; there is nothing like it on the internet.

I realise and understand that this tradition is new to so many members in these new MakeMusic/Garritan forums. If anyone is interested in being involved with this very special and unique project and would like an intermediary step please feel completely free to PM me.

You can register your interest with me without actually putting your name down on the list so, at this stage, you are not committed. We can chat about your song interest and what's involved and so on. If you then decide not to continue, no problem, we just move on. If you do decide to go for it; then it would give me the greatest of pleasure to add you to the public list.

We do need more songs listed. We need another four songs to match our present Christmas CD (2013 Volume 10) which has twelve tracks; although even more tracks would be welcome.

Garritan Community Christmas CD Volume 10 (2013)]

So, with 110 views and growing, there must be folk interested who would appreciate a non-committal intermediary opportunity.

Please PM me. :D

Best wishes,

Michael

Michael.B

Re: Christmas CD Register Interest Without Committing Yourse

Postby greyfox73 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:31 am

I see that our new Christmas CD project has over 110 views but we have just 8 songs nominated.

This sure seems strange, Michael. All the previous years we've had a complete list by now or sooner. You would think after 110 views we'd have a complete list. I just checked the Northern Sounds website to see how many views there were for the Christmas CD project subject you brought up there. Total views were 632! But still only 8 songs. Let's hope more folks will join in soon!

Gary

greyfox73

Software Owned:
GPO4, JABB3, COMB2, World Instruments, Instant Orchestra, Garritan GoFriller Solo Cello, Garritan Orchestral Strings, Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin, Finale 2011, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer

Postby Michael.B » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:58 am

Hello Gary,

Thanks for replying.

That's incredible .. 632 views at Northern sounds. The interest is most certainly there; we just need a few more nominations to secure our Christmas CD for this year.

Anyone reading this who's interested, please contact me. :)

Michael

Michael.B

Postby MIDIMonster323 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Michael, I'm looking at "Silent Night"...any chance of the "No Medley" rule to be tossed out? So many good options there. :)

Glenn

"Music will speak when our words fail us...."
Win 8.1 / Sonar Producer X3e
GCOMB2 /GWI /GJABB3 /GCPO /GIO /GPO4
CCSB
LPX
MIDIMonster323

Software Owned:
Win 8.1
Sonar X3
GCOMB2
GWI
GJABB3
GCPO
GIO
GPO4
CCSB

Postby Michael.B » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:15 am

MIDIMonster323 wrote:Michael, I'm looking at "Silent Night"...any chance of the "No Medley" rule to be tossed out? So many good options there. :)

Hello Glenn,

I'm not able to change any of the rules as my role is to run the Official List here. However, I do know that this question was asked during the 2012 (Volume 9) project and was responded to by Dan Kury who works closely with Gary on the selection of songs. Dan is also the mastering engineer and this was his reply:

[Quote Dan Kury]
"A medley of the songs that have already been chosen is not a wise thing to do and most assuredly would not make "the cut"
[Unquote]

[Quote]
"If you use any part of one of the tunes already chosen,
your piece will be discarded.
Dan"
[Unquote]

However, I really would like to encourage and be supportive. Your idea of Silent Night' would be a great entry and, at the time of writing this, is still available. An aspect of this wonderful project is that once a member has nominated their song, this song is then theirs alone and is 'closed', so to speak, and cannot be used by others. As a regular contributor to the project I can understand and appreciate this and know that this is also appreciated by other contributors.

Here's a thought, why not consider making an arrangement of 'Silent Night' in the form of Theme and Variations. The 'Variations' would be your own original material. This is reported to be a favourite form of Beethoven so you'd be in good company. ;)

Best wishes,

Michael

Michael.B

Postby Michael.B » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:29 am

If anyone has any questions do ask here or please feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

Michael

Michael.B