MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Garritan Community Christmas Volume 11 (2014) Official List

Re: Garritan Community Christmas Volume 11 (2014) Official L

Postby Gary Garritan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad that this annual tradition is continuing.

It's amazing the talent that has graced our annual Christmas album every year.

It's good that we have such an early start this year. The song list looks excellent and the album seems well on its way. We're hoping more will contribute too.

But as Michael wrote, " It might seem that Christmas is a long way off and that we have plenty of time. However, it's surprising just how long it can take...." We're working on getting the album out earlier this year.

Randy - thanks for posting over at Northern Sounds.

Thanks Michael and others for all the work you have done.

All my best,

Gary

Gary Garritan

Postby Michael.B » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:32 am

Gary Garritan wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad that this annual tradition is continuing.

It's amazing the talent that has graced our annual Christmas album every year.

It's good that we have such an early start this year. The song list looks excellent and the album seems well on its way. We're hoping more will contribute too.

But as Michael wrote, " It might seem that Christmas is a long way off and that we have plenty of time. However, it's surprising just how long it can take...." We're working on getting the album out earlier this year.

Randy - thanks for posting over at Northern Sounds.

Thanks Michael and others for all the work you have done.

All my best,

Gary

Hello Gary,

It's so wonderful to see you Gary; you have made my day.

Thank you for calling by and your encouragement, it makes such a difference. We would really love to see more of you whenever you are able to visit us. :D

As you say the list does look a good one doesn't it and the talent and the standard of our Christmas albums over the years is astounding. I'm certain that our new album this year will continue to amaze us and I'm so looking forward to it.

We certainly could do with more nominations and I'm sure that with your continued support and encouragement folk will step up to the challenge. Also, I'll redouble my efforts to try to spread the word.

It's looking good, very good and thank you again Gary for your vision in starting the whole Garritan Community Christmas CD tradition: it's unique, there is nothing like it anywhere else on the internet. :)

Really hoping to see you again soon.

Very best wishes,

Michael

Michael.B

Postby KMFrye » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Time for a bump up...

I spent a few hours this week on my submission for the CD. It's about 2/3 of the way to final production, largely because it dawned on me that I hadn't touched it in over two months!!

Thought it was time to bump up the thread and check on my fellow submittors. How're you doing out there?

K

KM Frye
BVStudios
Composer, Arranger, Performer
Living on the Wild, West Coast.
current work- "Culloden:1746", an oratorio, using
Finale 2014.5
GPO 4
JABB3
World
REAPER DAW
KMFrye

Software Owned:
PM since 2001, Finale 2014.5,
Garritan Personal Orchestra IV
Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3
Reaper DAW

Postby Michael.B » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:09 am

KMFrye wrote:Time for a bump up...

I spent a few hours this week on my submission for the CD. It's about 2/3 of the way to final production, largely because it dawned on me that I hadn't touched it in over two months!!

Thought it was time to bump up the thread and check on my fellow submittors. How're you doing out there?

K

Hello Kevin,

It's good to read that you're around 2/3 of your way to completing your song. I'd say I'm about 3/4 of the way there now and the rest is fairly straight forward.

I hope we receive updates from all our fellow friends and colleagues on our list; I genuinely would love to know how everyone is getting on with their song.

We have just about eleven weeks to the closing date so I really, really hope everyone has been beavering away and will be ready to send in their song. We really do need all those songs on the list for the CD. It's a great list and I'm sure it'll be a great CD. :)

Michael.B

Postby KMFrye » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:18 am

Hopefully, the quiet on this thread means the others are busily beavering away on their entries.

If not, this whole project may be in a bit of a pickle, as Mom would have said.

KM Frye
BVStudios
Composer, Arranger, Performer
Living on the Wild, West Coast.
current work- "Culloden:1746", an oratorio, using
Finale 2014.5
GPO 4
JABB3
World
REAPER DAW
KMFrye

Software Owned:
PM since 2001, Finale 2014.5,
Garritan Personal Orchestra IV
Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3
Reaper DAW

Postby Michael.B » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for updating the Northern sounds forum whilst Randy is busy with his show. I thought I would just bump the latest list here.

01. Angels We Have Heard On High ..... Kevin Frye
02. For Unto Us A Child Is Born (Handel Messiah) .....Michael Bolt
03. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear ..... Randy Bowser
04. Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming ..... Gary Aubry
05. O Tannenbaum ..... Frank D'Erasmo
06. Hark The Herald Angels Sing ..... Jack Cannon
07. Joy To The World ..... William Rayer
08. Coventry Carol ..... Jim Hammer
09. Let all Mortal Flesh Keep Silent (Picardy.) ..... Daniel Bendshadler
10. I Am So Glad When Christmas Comes ..... Hymnopolis
11. A Christmas Jig ..... Paula
12. Silent Night ..... Glenn
13. Oh Holy Night ..... Robert G. Butts

Thirteen wonderful songs and a great list. Here's hoping that everyone will deliver. I know this has never happened before but we can hope. In any case, in the past few years, as Dan observed, we had reached the point where only one or two didn't send in. I really want everyone to send in their song but I'd be quite happy if we end up with the same ratio as recent years. However, everyone, we want your song so please go for it.

It would also make my day, and I'm certain everyone else too, if Dan replies here or in the Northern sounds Forum. Missing you Dan, please call in.

Towards the end of this month (August), I plan on sending a PM or email to everyone on the list as a reminder and encouragement and to try to see how things are progressing.

Please go it with your songs everyone, the Christmas Project is depending on your songs.

Best wishes to everyone.

Michael

Michael.B

Postby Michael.B » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Hello Dan,

I'm so thrilled that Dan has asked me to add his song to our list. His song, 'Joyful and Triumphant' is a very firm favourite for so many people and a superb addition to our already excellent line-up.

For those here who don't know Dan, he is our professional audio engineer who works very closely with Gary and who has mastered all of our Community Christmas CDs. Dan is a talented musician and a gifted audio engineer. Without Dan there would be no Garritan Community Christmas CD.

Thank you for your nomination, for all you have done and all the help you have given to so many of us over the years Dan; you are a real blessing.

12. Silent Night ..... Glenn
13. Oh Holy Night ..... Robert G. Butts
14. Joyful and Triumphant ..... Dan Kury

For my full introductory post which has more information, including song entry requirements, please see my first post in this thread or click on the following link:

Garritan Community Christmas Volume 11 (2014) Project Announcement

Michael

Michael.B

Postby Michael.B » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:20 am

Hello Everyone,

Here is the information for the sending in of your songs.

Please, before sending in your song and to avoid any upset or disappointment, please, please check the 'Entry Requirements' for being part of our Community Christmas Music CD. If your entry does not meet any of these then there is a good chance your entry might not be accepted or could be referred back for changes. I genuinely don't want to lose any of the songs listed, we want all of them sent in. :) Here is a link for the necessaries.

Garritan Community Christmas Project Requirements

Could I refer everyone to (k) in the above;

"Sending in the song is no guarantee that it will be included on the CD".

However, let's remain positive, now for the exciting bit. ;) So, you've beavered away on your song, got it just as you want it and feel proud of your work. The moment has come to begin the sharing .. so what are you waiting for .. Send it in. Here's how.

(a) Please prepare your song as a wav file, not an mp3. Dan has written that he doesn't mind if the file is 16 or 24 Bit or higher.

(b) Upload your song to a website. If you have your own webspace that's ideal. If you don't have your own webspace then use one of the sites offering free file hosting/sharing. Here are some examples. Most require you to open an account with them, some just need email addresses.

https://www.dropbox.com
https://www.wetransfer.com
https://www.hightail.com/compare-plans

Disclaimer. I have not tested any of these and cannot vouch for any particular one. If any of our members have used any of these do please share your experiences with us.

(c) Send me a private message or an email with the link to your uploaded file.

[email protected]

NB. Please do not post the link to your file in the forums.

That's it, all done. Your song will be sent to Dan for his expertise. If there are any problems or any adjustments needed either Dan or myself will send you a private message or an email.

So .. now .. sit back and relax and wait for that magic moment when the playlist is published. Or .. even better .. why not start a new song ready to offer for our next one. ;)

My very best wishes to everyone and good luck.

Michael

Michael.B

Postby Michael.B » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:37 am

Hello Fabio,

I'm so pleased that Fabio has asked me to add his nomination. Your recordings are always so good Fabio and Im thrilled you are with the project this year.

I'm not familiar with this song so I'm really looking forward to hearing your arrangement. Thank you for your nomination. :)

12. Oh Holy Night ..... Robert G. Butts
13. Joyful and Triumphant ..... Dan Kury
14. Entre le bœuf et l'âne gris ..... Fabio Vicentini

For my full introductory post which has more information, including song entry requirements, please see my first post in this thread or click on the following link:

Garritan Community Christmas Volume 11 (2014) Project Announcement

Michael

Last edited by Michael.B on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael.B

Postby MIDIMonster323 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:31 am

Hi everyone,

I regret that I must pull my "Silent Night" from the list. My wife broke her foot three months ago and has been longsuffering since she still can't walk on it and I'm the only care giver so my time is focused on her instead of play time. :-(

My apologies for not posting sooner. Life has been crazy for us.

Glenn

Glenn

"Music will speak when our words fail us...."
Win 8.1 / Sonar Producer X3e
GCOMB2 /GWI /GJABB3 /GCPO /GIO /GPO4
CCSB
LPX
MIDIMonster323

Software Owned:
Win 8.1
Sonar X3
GCOMB2