MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Welcome to our new forum!

Music and technology related discussion

Re: Welcome to our new forum!

Postby RobertDavis » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:00 pm

It is good to see a localized gathering place again with all the familiar faces.

Seems my nickname is not usable here though!

Robert Davis

RobertDavis

Postby rbowser » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:18 pm

RobertDavis wrote:It is good to see a localized gathering place again with all the familiar faces.

Seems my nickname is not usable here though!

Robert Davis

Right, everyone needs a newly revised nick when they join. Great to see you Robert!-- Now we have two gathering places for the Garritan faithful - Here, and good ol' Northern Sounds which is still going right along nicely.

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Postby RobertDavis » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Good to hear from you as well.

I had trouble keeping up with the split and forums! I loved when the Garritan forums in the early days were so close a group. Maybe I just have not visited NS enough lately? I will make sure to drop by more if they keep it up and running.

RobertDavis

Postby rbowser » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:47 pm

RobertDavis wrote:...I will make sure to drop by more if they keep it up and running.

I got a very nice, long message from the NS Admin today, PaPaChalk. His main point in writing was to emphasize that the Forum isn't going anywhere, he's proud of it, says over 1,000 people drop by each day - And he knows its 12 year of archives are very important. He has no plans of closing up shop! So - It would be great to see you there again, Robert!

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Postby Michael.B » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:17 am

Gary Garritan wrote:Hi Randy,

Good to see you again and sorry for the late reply. Finally have my login back (my old MM credentials from the old days were an issue).

As far as deadlines, things don't always work as planned. Murphy's Law sometimes happens. Sorry about that. We had a few last minute openings. But we're wrapping up the album now.

Thanks for your input.

Gary

Hello Gary,

Great to see you as always.

So pleased you are keeping with the very beautiful tradition you started those years ago. It is very special. Also glad you can login again; we'd all love to see more of you.

Best wishes to you.

Michael

Michael.B

Postby Rhap2 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:04 am

Hi Gary:

Along with Michael and Randy, we are so glad to have your communiques again and hope, in the near future, that you will once again guide all musicians to enjoy your great libraries.

Happy Holidays,

Jack

Jack Cannon: GPO4, JABB3, COMB2, WORLD, Instant Orch, HARPS, Pipe ORGANS, DP8.05, Altiverb 7, Finale 2011, Mac Pro 8 GB RAM, MacBook Pro 8 GB RAM.
Rhap2

Postby Michael.B » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:15 am

Rhap2 wrote:Hi Gary:

Along with Michael and Randy, we are so glad to have your communiques again and hope, in the near future, that you will once again guide all musicians to enjoy your great libraries.

Happy Holidays,

Jack

Well said Jack .. and here's looking forward to even more of these great libraries.

Michael.B

Postby Rhap2 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:31 am

I'm getting replies MIchael and Randy. Hope you are too. I guess there will be some bugs in the beginning like yesterday: I logged in with my MM registration/support username and password. Today, they didn't like that so I used my NEW Garritan Forum username and password. They liked that......LOL

Jack

Jack Cannon: GPO4, JABB3, COMB2, WORLD, Instant Orch, HARPS, Pipe ORGANS, DP8.05, Altiverb 7, Finale 2011, Mac Pro 8 GB RAM, MacBook Pro 8 GB RAM.
Rhap2

Postby Michael.B » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Rhap2 wrote:I'm getting replies MIchael and Randy. Hope you are too. I guess there will be some bugs in the beginning like yesterday: I logged in with my MM registration/support username and password. Today, they didn't like that so I used my NEW Garritan Forum username and password. They liked that......LOL

Jack

I found that too Jack. Right from the start I couldn't login with my MM name and password. I had to setup a new account for this new Garritan forum.

Michael.B

Postby Jamie Kowalski » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:53 am

Hi everybody!

It's been quite a long time, but some of you old-timers may remember me from the Northern Sounds forum where I went by the name Skysaw.

I don't know how much time I'll have to spend here until after all this holiday nonsense, but I thought I'd pop in and see who's around.

By the way, does anyone know if it's actually possible to change your password? I got a temporary one assigned with the advice to change it once I log in, but I can't find a place where I can actually do that.

Jamie

Jamie Kowalski

PreviousNext