MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Welcome to our new forum!

Music and technology related discussion

Re: Welcome to our new forum!

Postby SysExJohn » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:37 am

Starkman wrote:Speaking of textures, I'm looking for a resource that will provide orchestral scores for free. I need to do some reviewing (for writing score formats), and I'm wondering if there's a source out there to just peruse scores without having to pay (much).
Starkman

Hi Starkman,and welcome to the new forum,

The resource you require for scores (out of copyright) is the IMSLP at http://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page. There's thousands to choose from.

Kind regards,
John.

Author of http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/ MIDI tutorials.
SysExJohn

Software Owned:
Sonar 7 PE, Finale 2012c, GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, World, CPO, Harps, Steinway Basic + GPO5.

Postby Starkman » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:18 am

Ah! Thanks so very much! That is really going to help!

Starkman

Postby Tom Davis » Fri May 22, 2015 11:08 pm

To see Gary and Randy in a single forum again is a delight.

Garritan samples have done so much for my projects just this year alone - a ballet, a musical, a choral dedicatory piece (with EW Symphonic Choirs) and two brass ensembles, and several sets of scene music for plays.

At the time I originally invested in samples there was no competition to the sound and price of Garritan products. It made it possible for me to share and sell my music.

To all, I say, lets keep the ball rolling.

Tom

Tom Davis

Postby SysExJohn » Sun May 24, 2015 3:00 am

Hi Tom,
It would be wonderful indeed, if they were still around!

We understand, from a post on Northern Sounds, that Gary has left the MakeMusic fold and so, I suspect, we'll not see him here again. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong!
What will happen to the development of GPO5?

Randy too seems to have "moved on" to work on other things, and good luck to him. I have an inkling that there is more to his lack of presence both here and at NS than meets the eye.

But, as you say, let's try to keep the ball rolling.
Kind regards,
John.

Author of http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/ MIDI tutorials.
SysExJohn

Software Owned:
Sonar 7 PE, Finale 2012c, GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, World, CPO, Harps, Steinway Basic + GPO5.

Postby Steve » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:28 pm

OH please don't tell me you are not a moderator on this forum and Northernsound. I hope you are not the j*** you are on the other forum.

SysExJohn wrote:
Starkman wrote:Speaking of textures, I'm looking for a resource that will provide orchestral scores for free. I need to do some reviewing (for writing score formats), and I'm wondering if there's a source out there to just peruse scores without having to pay (much).
Starkman

Hi Starkman,and welcome to the new forum,

The resource you require for scores (out of copyright) is the IMSLP at http://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page. There's thousands to choose from.

Kind regards,
John.

Steve

Postby AusableJoe » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:18 am

Hello Forum Members: I am excited to become a forum member. I have been active with music for years. Finally retired from Ford Motor Company. Now that I have the time; I am persueing my life long passion to compose orchestral music. GPO is a great tool.

Equipment:
Roland XP80 workstation w/orchestral card.
Weighted 88 key midi controller TBD.
DAW: Cubase 7.5
Library: GPO & Steinberg Halion Symphony Orchestra.
Computer: Dell 4 GB ram. Dual Core processor.
Monitors: Event Studio
Interface: Focusrite 6i6

AusableJoe

Look forward to hearing from everyone. Cubase and Roland working knowledge exchange on info would be apprecated. Love to receive sample of other composers work

AusableJoe

Previous