MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Welcome to our new forum!

Music and technology related discussion

Welcome to our new forum!

Postby Gary Garritan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:18 pm

Hello Everyone,

We have our new forum!

Over the past twelve years, we have built a very special community together. The Garritan forum was a unique place for inspiration, collaboration, sharing, learning, good will, and fun.

In recent years, with the acquisition by MakeMusic and the uncertain state of Northern Sounds, the community has suffered. It is my hope we can resurrect our vibrant community and to make it even better than it was.

Our 10th Annual Community Christmas Album project is underway. There are a few days left to submit your Holiday music if you want to be included.

Many thanks to the MakeMusic family, especially Trevor Brace, Andrew Voegtline, Bryan Carroll, Mick White, and Fred Flowerday, for setting this up. I also wish to thank Northern Sounds, especially Mark and Dave, for hosting our forum for so many years.

There's much to catch up on. I am looking forward to finding out what has been happening with many of you.

Let's start!

My best,

Gary Garritan

Gary Garritan

Re: Welcome to our new forum!

Postby Michael.B » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Hello Gary,

It's me .. Michael (Michael_uk). How are you?

It's great to see you back in a forum again.

I am looking forward so much to our forums back in full swing once more.

Very best wishes to you all.

Michael.B

Postby rbowser » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:11 pm

At last, there's a Garritan Forum here at MakeMusic. You must be very happy, Gary, that this has finally come into being. I know you've been looking forward to it. I'm glad Michael Bolt happen to run into it today, and posted the news at your Northern Sounds Forum. Now that I'm aware of this Forum's christening, I can be here to congratulate you, dear Mr. G. Quite a nice Christmas present!

Of course the original Forum has been continuing on, and I don't think its 12 years of music, tutorials, information and support are going away. That would be a disaster. PapaChalk's recent messages have indicated that with the thousands of visitors NS gets every day, he doesn't have any intention of shutting down shop. Especially now that the attacks on VBulletin boards have been thwarted for quite awhile now.

It will be interesting to see how users balance their time online between the heavily trafficked, heavily archived original Forum and this beginning effort which will naturally take time to become lively. One thing that seems possible, is that Finale users can bring their notation oriented questions, tips and ideas here, while the other Forum can field more DAW related questions, along with sharing music and general music news as it always has.

In any case, it's great that Garritan keeps getting a bigger online presence!

I'll be checking in. Great!

Randy B.

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Postby mistahamma » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:19 pm

Happy to see this forum here, I've been posting off-and-on at the original one for quite a few years now, ever since GPO was brand new! Looking forward to what the future will bring!

Jim

mistahamma

Postby KMFrye » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi there from a fellow Haro Strait resident! Glad to be here. Gary, are you still over there on your island that I can see from my living room?

KM Frye
BVStudios
Composer, Arranger, Performer
Living on the Wild, West Coast.
current work- "Culloden:1746", an oratorio, using
Finale 2014.5
GPO 4
JABB3
World
REAPER DAW
KMFrye

Software Owned:
PM since 2001, Finale 2014.5,
Garritan Personal Orchestra IV
Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3
Reaper DAW

Postby Rich936 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:01 pm

This is RichR from the NorthernSounds forum. Well, it is good to hear some words (well, actually read some words) from you Gary. I hope this forum will grow and flourish as much as our former residency.

RichR

Rich936

Postby rbowser » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:39 pm

I'm not seeing a straight path back to the Forum after posting. All I'm finding so far is to click "MakeMusic Forums" in the upper right, then having to click "Garritan" again.-- Am I missing something?

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Postby Rhap2 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi Gary:

I finally got logged in here and am glad that you finally started something new. Hope this community is as successful as our older digs at NS because that place is a tradition in its own right.

Happy Holidays to you and your family. We all need to hang together as in the past; then, happiness and fortune will shine down upon us.........LOL

Jack

Jack Cannon: GPO4, JABB3, COMB2, WORLD, Instant Orch, HARPS, Pipe ORGANS, DP8.05, Altiverb 7, Finale 2011, Mac Pro 8 GB RAM, MacBook Pro 8 GB RAM.
Rhap2

Postby Fred @ MakeMusic » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:55 pm

rbowser wrote:I'm not seeing a straight path back to the Forum after posting. All I'm finding so far is to click "MakeMusic Forums" in the upper right, then having to click "Garritan" again.-- Am I missing something?

Randy

Hey Randy-
Thanks for the feedback! It seems that breadcrumb is not functioning correctly- I spoke to our folks here and we'll fix it as soon as we can!
Cheers!

Fred @ MakeMusic

Postby larochep » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:14 am

Hi Gary.

This is nice hearing from you and and having a Garritan forum hosted at MakeMusic.

Happy holidays to you, your family and all the people who enjoy using the Garritan instruments.

Cheers from France.

Pierre Laroche
larochep

Next